#46 Mr.RedRing

Mr.RedRing

X-S Senior Member

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 190 posts

Posted 28 June 2010 - 11:43 PM

QUOTE(Jordan23 @ Jun 28 2010, 06:40 PM) View Post

Are you using hdmi out? If so you might want to try with av cables. I'm not sure why but my jasper doesn't display any video when I boot into cell if I'm using hdmi.

Tried with VGA and normal composite cables. :/

#47 jgsieve

jgsieve

X-S Member

• XS-BANNED
  • Pip
  • 113 posts
  • Xbox Version:unk
  • 360 version:unknown

Posted 28 June 2010 - 11:46 PM

QUOTE(c_b_n @ Jun 28 2010, 04:35 PM) View Post

It's really quite easy.

Download Bestpig's Freeboot Toolbox v2.4
Get the original copy of your nand (eg fullnand.bin)
Run Freeboot Toolbox, enter your CPU key (you can get this from Xell or Xellous, boot your Xbox by the eject button)
Set the filename destination to : updflash.bin
Click Generate FreeBOOT
Select the fullnand.bin when required to, wait for Freeboot Toolbox finishes with no errors
Place updfalsh.bin on the root of a usb keydrive
Place into front USB port of Xbox power on with the eject button
Xellous or Xell should see the update write to the nand (sometimes the Xbox will refuse to see a certain USB key and then find it later so keep trying if it doesnt work first time)
Wait for that to finish, turn off Xbox for 30 seconds and then boot.
You now have FreeBOOT .032 with 9199 dash. To get the best you can download dashlaunch 1.0 from xbins to complete the setup.

If you want to patch the SMC for the JTAG (which I would recommed), choose to create a custom FreeBOOT image and then patch the smcdata with Blackaddr's SMC IO patcher when the explorer window opens.

I already have freeboot 0.32 (9199)
I need to know how to put dashlaunch on and then properly edit the dashlaunch ini to load this patch.

thanks

#48 flagelo

flagelo

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 1 posts

Posted 28 June 2010 - 11:48 PM

Is there anyone who had sucess patching the console? Please share this good news here!

#49 ZprivateZ

ZprivateZ

X-S Enthusiast

• XS-BANNED
  • 1 posts
  • Xbox Version:v1.6
  • 360 version:v4.0 (jasper)

Posted 29 June 2010 - 12:00 AM

Very nice job to those that made this possible, and thank you.

#50 Mr.RedRing

Mr.RedRing

X-S Senior Member

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 190 posts

Posted 29 June 2010 - 12:33 AM

Updated my box finally to Freeboot 0.032, but not quite sure how to install Dashlaunch and the Sys Link Ping patch :/ I have a basic understanding, but not entirely...

#51 EKrboi

EKrboi

X-S Young Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 31 posts
  • 360 version:v3.0 (falcon)

Posted 29 June 2010 - 12:41 AM

well ive been messing with kai and mw2 this afternoon.. it didnt take long for news to get around there are alot of xbox360's on now.. but.. while the modded lobbies are cool and ive got my 10th prestige already.. but noone is playing just to play which is kind of bothersome..

Xtag - DaMadOne

#52 Kloud

Kloud

X-S Young Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 58 posts

Posted 29 June 2010 - 12:45 AM

QUOTE(sillybunnie @ Jun 28 2010, 01:36 PM) View Post

do they play online, get banned then reflash their nand with a new key taken from dead RROD xbox?

Yes. They make much more money charging people for the lobbies they host with JTAG systems, than the systems/keys themselves.

#53 llnk

llnk

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 4 posts

Posted 29 June 2010 - 12:55 AM

Congratulations guys. I was wondering if this was ever going to happen. Keep up the good work!

llnk
Team XLink Administrator

#54 EKrboi

EKrboi

X-S Young Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 31 posts
  • 360 version:v3.0 (falcon)

Posted 29 June 2010 - 12:58 AM

QUOTE(Mr.RedRing @ Jun 29 2010, 12:33 AM) View Post

Updated my box finally to Freeboot 0.032, but not quite sure how to install Dashlaunch and the Sys Link Ping patch :/ I have a basic understanding, but not entirely...

should have done it before upgrading to freeboot because it has to be dont before being flashed to the xbox.. but its quit easy.. ive never used one of the tools i just always use ibuild.. so if your using ibuild just do this..

1. replace the patches_******.bin (ie patches_falcon.bin) files in the bin directory of freeboot with the ones from the dashlaunch archive..

2. then rebuild and flash freeboot to nand..

3. then modify the launch.ini to you liking.. (you dont have to put anything in it about the patch)

4. i use FSD so i just FTP'd in and put the launch.xex and launch.ini into flash that way.. but you can use the flash_installer supplied with dashlaunch (never tried it).. i think you just need to copy your launch.ini into that folder.. that folder on your xbox then run the default.xex

5. place the kxam.patch file in the root of HDD1

6. Reboot! ALL DONE!

7. Enjoy online gaming on your 360 without xbox live!

#55 NLA

NLA

X-S Young Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 36 posts
  • Xbox Version:v1.4

Posted 29 June 2010 - 01:43 AM

QUOTE(llnk @ Jun 28 2010, 07:55 PM) View Post

Congratulations guys. I was wondering if this was ever going to happen. Keep up the good work!

llnk
Team XLink Administrator

So does this mean we can now have a real dedicated XBOX 360 section with XLink and get things up and going like with multiplayer from the XBOX1 days?

I'm so excited to play with all of you fellow JTAG'ers! We're an elite bunch of people, you know. And now we can game together.

Edited by NLA, 29 June 2010 - 01:44 AM.

#56 szlifier

szlifier

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 17 posts
  • Xbox Version:none
  • 360 version:v1 (xenon)

Posted 29 June 2010 - 01:51 AM

QUOTE(NLA @ Jun 29 2010, 02:43 AM) View Post

So does this mean we can now have a real dedicated XBOX 360 section with XLink and get things up and going like with multiplayer from the XBOX1 days?

I'm so excited to play with all of you fellow JTAG'ers! We're an elite bunch of people, you know. And now we can game together.

This section has been there for years. Now it will not be empty. biggrin.gif

#57 Mr.RedRing

Mr.RedRing

X-S Senior Member

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 190 posts

Posted 29 June 2010 - 01:54 AM

QUOTE(EKrboi @ Jun 28 2010, 07:58 PM) View Post

should have done it before upgrading to freeboot because it has to be dont before being flashed to the xbox.. but its quit easy.. ive never used one of the tools i just always use ibuild.. so if your using ibuild just do this..

1. replace the patches_******.bin (ie patches_falcon.bin) files in the bin directory of freeboot with the ones from the dashlaunch archive..

2. then rebuild and flash freeboot to nand..

3. then modify the launch.ini to you liking.. (you dont have to put anything in it about the patch)

4. i use FSD so i just FTP'd in and put the launch.xex and launch.ini into flash that way.. but you can use the flash_installer supplied with dashlaunch (never tried it).. i think you just need to copy your launch.ini into that folder.. that folder on your xbox then run the default.xex

5. place the kxam.patch file in the root of HDD1

6. Reboot! ALL DONE!

7. Enjoy online gaming on your 360 without xbox live!

Well, im building my Freeboot image, but im a little stuck. I need the patched smc file. Can I just obtain this from previous builds or my current nand I just dumped?

#58 NLA

NLA

X-S Young Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 36 posts
  • Xbox Version:v1.4

Posted 29 June 2010 - 01:59 AM

QUOTE(szlifier @ Jun 28 2010, 08:51 PM) View Post

This section has been there for years. Now it will not be empty. biggrin.gif

Yeah yeah I know! I'd just like it to stop being empty like immediately.. maybe have some sort of news announcement from XLink show up on the X-S main page that really pushes people to start playing with their JTAG and non-JTAG 360s through XLink, maybe a short guide posted to get the ball rolling and really get everyone on board.

So excited. <3

#59 SilentBob1638

SilentBob1638

X-S Senior Member

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 251 posts
  • Xbox Version:v1.0

Posted 29 June 2010 - 02:15 AM

QUOTE(Kloud @ Jun 29 2010, 01:45 AM) View Post

Yes. They make much more money charging people for the lobbies they host with JTAG systems, than the systems/keys themselves.
But that doesn't make sense regarding the first post. How can a system link solution help in stopping lobby creators? I'm wondering if 'proper behavior' (clean hdd, stealth dvd booting) really gets you banned on a jtag console or if there is another xbl safe jtag kernel. Maybe MS can just catch those noobs that start their games with 3rd party software.

#60 nafeasonto

nafeasonto

X-S Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 96 posts
  • Xbox Version:none
  • 360 version:v5.0 (360S - trinity)

Posted 29 June 2010 - 02:23 AM

I am not understanding what this does exactly????

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users