X-S Young Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 31 posts
  • Xbox Version:unk
  • 360 version:v3.0 (falcon)

Posted 29 June 2010 - 02:29 AM

QUOTE(Mr.RedRing @ Jun 29 2010, 01:54 AM) View Post

Well, im building my Freeboot image, but im a little stuck. I need the patched smc file. Can I just obtain this from previous builds or my current nand I just dumped?

how did you upgrade to freeboot the first time? if using ibuild everything you need should already be there... just replace those patches files and rebuild just like you did the first time.. but yes you can just obtain it from previous builds or the one current on your nand.

#62 majik655

majik655

X-S Freak

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,525 posts
  • Xbox Version:v1.0
  • 360 version:v1 (xenon)

Posted 29 June 2010 - 02:31 AM

QUOTE(nafeasonto @ Jun 28 2010, 06:23 PM) View Post

I am not understanding what this does exactly????

This removes a 30ms ping requirement,
on xbox kai your ping rates may vary, so you could not play anyone with a higher ping rate than 30ms.

So if you wanted to play with a bunch of people that ping at 31ms you can't.

This patch removes that requirement on jtag boxes (that can not play on xbox live without getting banned) so people can now go on xbox kai and play people and host games, even if the ping is higher than 30, and basically still enjoy network gaming with their jtagged boxes.

#63 nafeasonto

nafeasonto

X-S Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 96 posts
  • Xbox Version:none
  • 360 version:v5.0 (360S - trinity)

Posted 29 June 2010 - 02:32 AM

what is xbox KAI i never heard of this????

PLease link me something.

#64 EKrboi

EKrboi

X-S Young Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 31 posts
  • Xbox Version:unk

Posted 29 June 2010 - 02:35 AM

QUOTE(nafeasonto @ Jun 29 2010, 02:32 AM) View Post

http://www.teamxlink.co.uk/

#65 snart

snart

X-S Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 129 posts

Posted 29 June 2010 - 02:38 AM

QUOTE(nafeasonto @ Jun 29 2010, 01:32 AM) View Post

Here: http://www.teamxlink.co.uk/

In short, Kai offers an alternative to Xbox Live. It does this by using the system link feature in Xbox and Xbox 360 games. Microsoft intended system link games to allow people to bring together their xbox systems (and televisions) into a single room and play against each other...without the need for Xbox Live.

Kai tricks these systems into thinking they are all in the same room...even if they are physically very far away. You do this by installing a small server software package on your pc, and connecting your xbox system to this server.

For the original Xbox, this offered an excellent alternative to Xbox Live. Microsoft realized this when making the Xbox 360 and put in a ping time check to see if the systems were indeed in the same room.

This effectively killed Kai for Xbox 360 users. This patch removes the ping check....hello, Kai!

#66 red_ring_of_box

red_ring_of_box

X-S Expert

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 670 posts
  • Xbox Version:v1.6

Posted 29 June 2010 - 03:37 AM

QUOTE(flagelo @ Jun 28 2010, 06:48 PM) View Post

Is there anyone who had sucess patching the console? Please share this good news here!

I have been playing on Xlink for a few hours and have experience very little lag while playing with people who have 180ms and up pings. Its pretty much likes XBL except free and a lot easier to manage.

QUOTE(NLA @ Jun 28 2010, 08:43 PM) View Post

I'm so excited to play with all of you fellow JTAG'ers! We're an elite bunch of people, you know. And now we can game together.

We are nothing compared to the people who gave use the JTAG hack, as well as this patch, though. wink.gif

Edited by red_ring_of_box, 29 June 2010 - 03:37 AM.

#67 danked

danked

X-S Senior Member

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 247 posts

Posted 29 June 2010 - 04:13 AM

sweet been waiting for this, I;m guessing even non jtag xbox can utilize this, as long as the host has the ping limit removed anyone can join ?

#68 jeffrey92

jeffrey92

X-S Senior Member

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 155 posts

Posted 29 June 2010 - 04:36 AM

I havent had any success with this on xlink yet...

I know my xbox is set up right, cause I got freedash to go straight to FSD. Then I load up MW2 and try to find some hosted games but none show up. the patch file is on the root of the hdd

My connection is pretty simple, I dont have any firewalls on. I have 1 cable running from my router to my computer, and then from my computer to my xbox since my computer has 2 ethernets. I use this set up for xbox live and streaming so i know it works..

Any ideas?

#69 Woozle

Woozle

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 8 posts

Posted 29 June 2010 - 05:09 AM

QUOTE(jeffrey92 @ Jun 28 2010, 08:36 PM) View Post

I know my xbox is set up right, cause I got freedash to go straight to FSD. Then I load up MW2 and try to find some hosted games but none show up. the patch file is on the root of the hdd

Any ideas?

Do have have the latest title update for MW2?

#70 jeffrey1790

jeffrey1790

X-S Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 75 posts

Posted 29 June 2010 - 05:11 AM

Someone should make an xboxlive emulator... When you select Connect to Live, it emulates XBL without connecting to microsofts servers.

#71 jeffrey92

jeffrey92

X-S Senior Member

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 155 posts

Posted 29 June 2010 - 05:17 AM

QUOTE(Woozle @ Jun 28 2010, 09:09 PM) View Post

Do have have the latest title update for MW2?

well that just occurred to me and i downloaded TU5 and put it on. The version updated but still no games. I dont think the version matters but I could be wrong

edit: nvm it was the title update that was preventing it. latest is TU6

Edited by jeffrey92, 29 June 2010 - 05:49 AM.

#72 danthaman673

danthaman673

X-S Expert

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 504 posts
  • Interests:Modding and Gaming 24/7
  • Xbox Version:v1.6d
  • 360 version:v5.0 (360S - trinity)

Posted 29 June 2010 - 05:51 AM

Hate to add to the spam but : This sh*t's frickin awesomne !!! It Really is!!

Now to a more serious issue: We need a thread specifically for organising JTAG-Link games , Where one posts their IP and game type etc.. I might even set-up some boxes dedicated (Like 24/7 Forza 3 or BC 2)

If XS doesn't decide to set-up something for it(I could understand if they didn't want to - check-out what happend at 7's with lobbies etc.. Definately don't want that here... Maybe everything but modded MW2 lobbies as noobz will spam the hell out of it) then maybe 'we' will.

Untill then, See you out there :-)

QUOTE(jeffrey92 @ Jun 29 2010, 01:06 PM) View Post

My connection is pretty simple, I dont have any firewalls on. I have 1 cable running from my router to my computer, and then from my computer to my xbox since my computer has 2 ethernets. I use this set up for xbox live and streaming so i know it works..

Any ideas?

I'm pretty sure you will need an I.P of a host to connect to... You won't be able to pick others -up randomly ... (At least I don't think so - I haven't installed it yet myself)

#73 pirichios

pirichios

X-S Senior Member

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 282 posts

Posted 29 June 2010 - 05:52 AM

im actually quite sad I followed the instructions to a tee and now if my hdd is plugged into my 360 on boot it freezes!(logo freezes during the middle of the spin!
if i remove it, it boots fine sad.gif
any ideas?

its a homebrew 500gb hard drive and xplorer 360 seems to crash when i try to load it (i guess its not compatible with it)

Edited by pirichios, 29 June 2010 - 05:53 AM.

#74 BrooksyX

BrooksyX

X-S X-perience

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 355 posts
  • Xbox Version:none
  • 360 version:v1 (xenon)

Posted 29 June 2010 - 06:00 AM

this is pretty sweet news. looks like its finally time to add dashlaunch 1.0 to my freeboot image.

Too bad ill have to wait a few days though, my pc that has all the jtaq tools/software/nand backups is down for upgrades.

#75 10camaross

10camaross

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 27 posts

Posted 29 June 2010 - 06:26 AM

I just cried.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users