4 replies to this topic

#1 technom8t

technom8t

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 2 posts

Posted 28 June 2010 - 01:06 PM

Hi All,

was wondering if anyone can help me? I had 2 xbox 360's both had hitachi drives,one drive had stock firmware the other had ixtreame firmware, i was selling the one with the ixtreame but decided i was too lazy to flash the other one i was keeping so i swapped drives ( both hitachi ) STUPIDLY i never tested anything out and i sent the xbox away that i sold, now my own xbox wont read game only DVD and it's because of me being to stupid and forgetting that i needed the dvd key from the other drive, so what can i do now to retrieve the situation? any help appreciated.

P.S i have tried contacting the person i sold the xbox to and see if they are willing to swap drives back but they haven't replied back in over 2 weeks now so im guessing that's a no go.

Thanks in advance

Tech

#2 thwack

thwack

X-S Freak

• Last Chance
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,334 posts
  • Xbox Version:unk
  • 360 version:unknown

Posted 28 June 2010 - 02:18 PM

There's two things available to you. Either get the drive back (or get the fella you sold it to to read the key from it), or if the console has a pre 8XXX dash (it's under system settings), you can JTAG it and retrieve the DVD key. Other than that, you're screwed sadly.

#3 technom8t

technom8t

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 2 posts

Posted 28 June 2010 - 06:36 PM

QUOTE(thwack @ Jun 28 2010, 02:18 PM) View Post

There's two things available to you. Either get the drive back (or get the fella you sold it to to read the key from it), or if the console has a pre 8XXX dash (it's under system settings), you can JTAG it and retrieve the DVD key. Other than that, you're screwed sadly.

Thanks for the reply. i have the latest dashboard unfortunately so cant jtag, but if i was to get hold of the other person how would they read the key, would it be on the sticker on the disc drive or do you need to use the probe for it?

Thanks
Tech

#4 brandogg

brandogg

X-S Messiah

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,091 posts
  • Xbox Version:v1.6
  • 360 version:v4.0 (jasper)

Posted 28 June 2010 - 07:07 PM

It's a Hitachi, you just need Firmware Toolbox or Jungle Flasher.

#5 thwack

thwack

X-S Freak

• Last Chance
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,334 posts
  • Xbox Version:unk
  • 360 version:unknown

Posted 28 June 2010 - 08:56 PM

Or just had another thought - just take your Hitty PCB out of the drive, get the buyer to do the same. Send each other the respective PCB's pop them in your drives and all sorted........

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users