• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 wyguy

wyguy

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 9 posts

Posted 29 June 2010 - 05:37 AM

Hey long time viewer of the front page but first time in the forums.

My 360 runs way to loud at idle and this is with no cd in the drive either. I seen videos online that people put aftermarket fans in but didn't help much if at all. Any ideas? Sure it has been asked but can't find anything in the search. Been like this for over a year and its getting to me lately.

#2 Twis7eD

Twis7eD

X-S X-perience

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 348 posts
  • Xbox Version:unk
  • 360 version:v5.0 (360S - trinity)

Posted 29 June 2010 - 04:22 PM

It's probably just an older motherboard. There's not really anyway to make it be quieter. If you want to keep it at a cooler temperature, then you could 12v mod the fan, but that will just make it louder. It may also be really dirty or dusty inside causing it to run worse and make it louder. You should try cleaning it out. Other than that there's really not a way that I know of to make it quieter unless you buy a whole new system.

#3 bamarquez226

bamarquez226

X-S Expert

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 517 posts
  • Xbox Version:v1.0
  • 360 version:v3.0 (falcon)

Posted 29 June 2010 - 07:16 PM

After you're done dusting the mobo and fan, if its still noisy, prolly the fan is worn out, from all the crud getting into the bushing/bearings of the fan. Just replace it. Fans usually run under $10 on flea bay, or check the BST forums.

Here's a cooling shroud mod that's been around and its used to help draw more air over the heatsinks:
http://www.rbjtech.n...ing/cooling.htm

#4 wyguy

wyguy

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 9 posts

Posted 30 June 2010 - 02:41 AM

Yeah i figured cause its old but i had it sent back in 11/08 for the RROD and its been loud not to long after.

I guess Ill give it a blow and buy a new fan to see if it helps. Should be able to get one at the computer place up the road.

Thanks for the help

#5 wyguy

wyguy

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 9 posts

Posted 09 July 2010 - 04:14 AM

ordered the whisper fans and didnt make a damn difference in noise they are still loud...not to happy.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users