• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 pengee

pengee

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 2 posts

Posted 30 June 2010 - 06:33 PM

I've been searching and reading but it all seems a little confusing I think until you dive in.

I have an xbox1 which I chip-modded and upgraded the HD. I did it mainly so I could backup the games I own to the HD and not have to put in discs. Also love the homebrew. I also own a 360 with a lot of games and play on live sometimes. I have been thinking about getting rid of my xbox1 and getting a second 360. I want to have something similar, play my backups from the HD and play homebrew, but no need for live.

I've found someone who has an arcade with a flashed disc drive. I know I can install a 250gb WD drive in it pretty easily, but with just the drive flashed can I use this to install another dash, boot games from the HD or boot homebrew? Or would I need to chip / jtag? I can solder and do any mods needed, but I just don't really have the time or care to do more work then I have to. Iím just looking for a relatively easy upgrade to a spare console.

Thanks for any advise.

#2 bamarquez226

bamarquez226

X-S Expert

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 517 posts
  • Xbox Version:v1.0
  • 360 version:v3.0 (falcon)

Posted 30 June 2010 - 07:08 PM

QUOTE(pengee @ Jun 30 2010, 10:33 AM) View Post

I've been searching and reading but it all seems a little confusing I think until you dive in.
I use this to install another dash, boot games from the HD or boot homebrew?

JTAG = Xbox 360 Homebrew, play games off hdd, custom dashes, you get the idea...

Requirements: Console manufactured before 6/18/2009, and have a dash of 7371 or lower. If you have dash 8xxx or 9xxx, you're outta luck, and there is no known way to downgrade.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users