3 replies to this topic

#1 Ryanz15

Ryanz15

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 1 posts

Posted 30 June 2010 - 09:29 PM

Hi

I have bought a Duo X3 modchip and i now know that that it's a clone and it's not really a propper modchip but yet it should still work.

My xbox is v1.6a and i am pretty sure that i have installed it correctly as i have followed diagrams and have done the LPC rebuild as requiered for a 1.6. I follow these instructions: http://www.brisbane-...ll-diagrams.htm

So i have installed the modchip, but when i turn my xbox on by holding the power button down for 2 secs, it enables the modchip and loads with the "Duo X3 logo for xbox v1.6" and has a blue microsoft "X" logo.

Then it SHOULD go to flashbios but it doesn't. Instead it goes to normall microsoft dashboard, but the strange thing is that the LEDs on the front are green but half of the ring flashes orange.

I am stumped as to what i have done wrong or what i have to do next.

Any help would be greatly appreciated!

Thanks in advance!

Ryan

Edited by Ryanz15, 30 June 2010 - 09:29 PM.

#2 Joes2Silly

Joes2Silly

X-S Senior Member

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 254 posts
  • Xbox Version:v1.0
  • 360 version:none

Posted 06 July 2010 - 05:40 AM

Flashbios may or may not be on the chip. Try flipping the bios switch (the only one on the chip) to see if that works. If it doesn't have flashbios, it's still OK, you just need to install a custom dashboard and or flash the bios on the chip by burning flashbios to a disk or other media and booting it.

#3 Mjollnir

Mjollnir

X-S Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 121 posts
  • Xbox Version:v1.1
  • 360 version:v4.0 (jasper)

Posted 06 July 2010 - 09:20 AM

Umm DuoX3 has 2 banks, have u tried the other bank? I've used this chip a lot, and always find u need to use bank 2 for 1.6 xbox

#4 Heimdall

Heimdall

X-S Legend

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,749 posts
  • Xbox Version:v1.4
  • 360 version:v4.0 (jasper)

Posted 06 July 2010 - 10:17 AM

You don't need Flashbios, because the chip is already flashed. It's going to the Microsoft dash because you haven't installed a hacked dash. Get hold of the latest version of AID (4.52), cold boot with it, and use it to install UnleashX on E: - I can't remember which option it is, but it should be fairly obvious, and if not just do it manually by copying and renaming D:\default.xbe to E:\evoxdash.xbe

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users