3 replies to this topic

#1 Deathtrap

Deathtrap

X-S Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 64 posts

Posted 01 July 2010 - 06:16 PM

Ok I was trying to upgrade from XBR3 to freeboot and now am getting an E71 error on boot up however Holding eject gives me the Blue screen displaying my DVD Key and CPU Key...

Can someone help me to get the console running again please..
I have a cd with backup NAND dumps and the LPT wiring in place however have never used it.. bought the console with XBR3 on it ...

#2 InvidiousDemise

InvidiousDemise

X-S Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 141 posts
  • Xbox Version:v1.0
  • 360 version:unknown

Posted 01 July 2010 - 06:43 PM

I think there's a way to fix your nand without having to use the lpt. From what I've been reading, there may be a way to flash your backup nand image using Xellous (the blue screen you get by starting with the eject button).

If I find a tutorial or something that may help out, I'll post a link. I haven't been reading for very long so do some searching and if you find anything, put it here. =)

Cheers

#3 Deathtrap

Deathtrap

X-S Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 64 posts

Posted 01 July 2010 - 07:04 PM

http://forums.xbox-s...howtopic=703757

Is that what your looking for ?

#4 tbb033

tbb033

X-S X-perience

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 352 posts
  • Xbox Version:v1.0
  • 360 version:v3.0 (falcon)

Posted 03 July 2010 - 08:14 AM

Yeah, you can flash it with Xellous, I had to do that when my first upgrade attempt didn't work.

Assuming you made a backup of your XBR3 nand before you started messing with it (and if you didn't, good luck to you sir) make a copy of it, rename it updflash.bin and follow these instructions from the link you found

Copy updflash.bin to the root of usb drive formatted as Fat/Fat32.

Ensure XBOX is off, Plug usbdrive and turn the xbox on so that it boots into XELLOUS and watch it flash your nand.

Follow the on screen instructions. When power cycling ensure XBOX is unplug and off for 30 seconds.

Notes:

Please beware that a dvd drive needs to be plug in for booting into XELL, at lease the small black power cable.
However SATA from dvd drive does not need to be.

from XELLOUS release

USB Notes:
For best results of getting the usb device detected. Remove the power plug from the console
after running the MS dashboard. Then reinsert the power plug, insert usb device and then
boot into XeLLous.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users