#1 mikesnowdon

mikesnowdon

X-S Senior Member

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 269 posts

Posted 02 July 2010 - 08:39 PM

Hi.

Just wondering if anyone ever made professional PCB's for this and if they available to buy anywhere?

http://www.rbjtech.n...aftercooler.htm

#2 mgeno216

mgeno216

X-S Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 126 posts
  • Xbox Version:unk
  • 360 version:v3.0 (falcon)

Posted 02 July 2010 - 10:35 PM

You could always make your own board and send it to a PCB manufacturer. It might get alittle pricy, but it wouldn't be too hard. If your question is, Is there are store online you could buy it from, then I pretty sure there isn't.

I am actually working on a different version of this that is getting close to being done. It isn't as complicated and doesn't use a battery. I made a post about it in the case/hardware modding forum. The posted schematic isn't correct if you find it.

Mike

Edited by mgeno216, 02 July 2010 - 10:35 PM.

#3 mikesnowdon

mikesnowdon

X-S Senior Member

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 269 posts

Posted 03 July 2010 - 01:24 PM

Cool.

Someone should organise a group buy to bring the PCB cost down. If we get enough people interested and paid up front the cost per board reduces.

#4 mgeno216

mgeno216

X-S Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 126 posts

Posted 03 July 2010 - 04:23 PM

I am part of a group that does that. They are a robotics group. I can give you a link if you want. Have you turned the schematic into a board file?

Mike

#5 mikesnowdon

mikesnowdon

X-S Senior Member

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 269 posts

Posted 03 July 2010 - 04:52 PM

No but I have the software to do it. Lets see your revised circuit first though. Do you have schematics?

#6 mgeno216

mgeno216

X-S Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 126 posts

Posted 03 July 2010 - 05:14 PM

It isn't done yet. I still have to do testing. Here is the idea of my. Use a 5v-12v boost converter to change the 5v standby to 12v. Then control the time of the boost converter output by using a 555. All of this will only be turned on when the console is turned off. So to do that I was going to use a PNP with any switched power source on the base.

I hope that makes sense. I will combine my two schematics into one so that it is more readable.

Mike

#7 mikesnowdon

mikesnowdon

X-S Senior Member

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 269 posts

Posted 04 July 2010 - 12:10 PM

QUOTE(mgeno216 @ Jul 3 2010, 05:14 PM) View Post

It isn't done yet. I still have to do testing. Here is the idea of my. Use a 5v-12v boost converter to change the 5v standby to 12v. Then control the time of the boost converter output by using a 555. All of this will only be turned on when the console is turned off. So to do that I was going to use a PNP with any switched power source on the base.

I hope that makes sense. I will combine my two schematics into one so that it is more readable.

Mike

Sounds workable. Looking forward to seeing the schematic smile.gif

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users