• Please log in to reply
14 replies to this topic

#1 xbluexfoxx

xbluexfoxx

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 6 posts

Posted 04 July 2010 - 05:16 AM

Alright where to start. So I attempted to softmod my xbox using ndure, and Xplorer360, I ended up crashing my xbox to where when it starts up, after the xbox logo the screen goes blank I get a flashing red and green ring. So I was wondering if there was a way to still mod my xbox from this point. I do NOT have my eeprom but the hotswapping technique is still working my computer is still reading the device in device manager, Xplorer360 will not open my harddrive up it just gives the warning "Could not find FATX Drive to open!".

I have read the reformatting trick @ http://forums.xbox-s...howtopic=244043
I'm not sure if that will work, because I tried booting a Ndure via XBOXHDM and when I hit "Enter" at this first screen it would show it loading and just go blank, nothing else would show up. I'm just assuming its a bad cd tho.

The most I'd like is some more info about getting my xbox to work again to reattempt modding. Hopefully a few of the 35+ user's online can answer these questions below.

1. Is my harddrive trash/a new cup coaster because I do not have the eeprom!? (I can still unlock via hotswap)
2. Is it possible to still mod my xbox's harddrive at its current state?
3. If it's not possible to mod it from its state, can I restore it a simpler way then this technique
4. Will that technique even work at its current state?

Hopefully I can get a fast response on this issue.

~Thanks in advance ~xbluexfoxx love.gif

#2 ldotsfan

ldotsfan

X-S Messiah

• Dev/Contributor
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,100 posts
  • Xbox Version:v1.1
  • 360 version:unknown

Posted 05 July 2010 - 03:22 AM

What's your xbox version? Any error no on the TV screen?

#3 xbluexfoxx

xbluexfoxx

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 6 posts

Posted 05 July 2010 - 07:19 AM

Version 1.6, Dash: 5960 When powered on it goes through the 'flubber' screen, then the little microsoft logo at the bottow below "xbox" shows, then moments after the screen goes blank and flashes green and red.

However I can still unhook the dvd drive and get error 12, the error used to unlock the drive.

#4 ldotsfan

ldotsfan

X-S Messiah

• Dev/Contributor
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,100 posts

Posted 05 July 2010 - 11:04 AM

Try boot option 2 for xboxhdm and see if you still get a blank screen.

#5 xbluexfoxx

xbluexfoxx

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 6 posts

Posted 05 July 2010 - 11:39 PM

I get an error, not sure what error but it stops me from going any further or entering commands, I only have 1 pc at this moment so yeah it makes it hard to type out the error.

#6 xbluexfoxx

xbluexfoxx

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 6 posts

Posted 12 July 2010 - 02:37 AM

Got it to boot on a different computer's bios, when I got to this screen

IPB Image

It said "Your harddrive is unlocked but will relock when rebooted anyways, press anykey to abort" or something like that, and wouldn't let me go any further.

(Also my harddrive is set to "Maximum security" would that be the issue?! I understand xbox's are supposed to be at "high".

#7 ldotsfan

ldotsfan

X-S Messiah

• Dev/Contributor
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,100 posts

Posted 13 July 2010 - 02:07 PM

QUOTE(xbluexfoxx @ Jul 12 2010, 09:37 AM) View Post

(Also my harddrive is set to "Maximum security" would that be the issue?! I understand xbox's are supposed to be at "high".

Maximum means only user password (derived from eeprom hdd key, hdd serial no and hdd model no) can unlock hdd. High means both master and user passwords can unlock the hdd.

#8 xbluexfoxx

xbluexfoxx

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 6 posts

Posted 02 August 2010 - 08:32 AM

Alright, but I'm still having the same issue. There is nothing I can do!?

#9 xboxmods2977

xboxmods2977

X-S Freak

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,156 posts
  • Xbox Version:v1.0
  • 360 version:none

Posted 03 August 2010 - 10:29 AM

You will need a modchip or an eeprom reader.

#10 xbluexfoxx

xbluexfoxx

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 6 posts

Posted 04 August 2010 - 11:36 PM

QUOTE(xboxmods2977 @ Aug 3 2010, 02:29 AM) View Post

You will need a modchip or an eeprom reader.

So hotswapping will no longer work? Well then I give up on this brick, cheaper to buy a new xbox rather than getting an eeprom reader.

#11 alexfitton

alexfitton

X-S Young Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 44 posts
  • Interests:Computer,Engineering
  • Xbox Version:none
  • 360 version:v4.0 (jasper)

Posted 05 August 2010 - 10:35 AM

Have you flashed your xbox hdd already or are you putting a bigger one in it? you should have created a backup using ndure

#12 obcd

obcd

X-S Hacker

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,737 posts

Posted 05 August 2010 - 11:13 AM

maximum security means the the master password only can unlock the harddisk in a state to format it, so that all contents are gone. high security means that the master password can unlock the harddisk for normal use, the same way the user password does.

Altough I have read differently on this forum already, all stock xbox harddisks I have seen so far were set to maximum security.

regards.

#13 xboxmods2977

xboxmods2977

X-S Freak

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,156 posts

Posted 06 August 2010 - 01:38 AM

QUOTE(obcd @ Aug 5 2010, 12:13 PM) View Post

maximum security means the the master password only can unlock the harddisk in a state to format it, so that all contents are gone. high security means that the master password can unlock the harddisk for normal use, the same way the user password does.

Altough I have read differently on this forum already, all stock xbox harddisks I have seen so far were set to maximum security.

regards.

See, I have read it differently too but this one sounds more feasible.

A stock xbox HD will always show maximum security. Reason being is because on a "from the factory" stock HD, only the user password has been set. Once a master password has been set (by a softmod or config magic) the security status is demoted to high because there are now 2 passwords that can be used to unlock it.

Edited by xboxmods2977, 06 August 2010 - 01:42 AM.

#14 obcd

obcd

X-S Hacker

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,737 posts

Posted 08 August 2010 - 06:49 PM

A stock xbox HD will always show maximum security. Reason being is because on a "from the factory" stock HD, only the user password has been set.

I am afraid I have to disagree with that. There is a factory master password. You have the WDCWDCWDCWDC.... password for the western digital hd's.
The purpose of it is to have a backdoor in case you forget the user password.
The harddisk isn't lost, but it's contents are unreachable when maximum security is set.

After all, the harddisk security feature initial purpose is to protect the contents of the disk in case it is stolen.
Having a master password set on maximum security doesn't lower that protection level.

regards.

#15 xboxmods2977

xboxmods2977

X-S Freak

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,156 posts

Posted 21 August 2010 - 06:38 AM

Interesting. Ok, so do the "virgin" Western Digital xbox drives show High or Maximum?

Edited by xboxmods2977, 21 August 2010 - 06:42 AM.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users