• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 Noobster101

Noobster101

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 19 posts

Posted 04 July 2010 - 06:02 AM

So I had done a hotswap softmod and had problems getting a new HD in.... so I am thinking of trying a TSOP method.

So I am looking for some tips before I dig into it.

I've learned that the version I have of the chip is Winbond, which can only be run by RainCoat.

What is raincoat? and where could I possibly get it?

Also, how would I know what version of the xbox I have?

And also how does the process of a TSOP work? I read a bit and so far I think:

Find version of xbox, chip, then soldier the points. Run Raincoat disc and then I assume run a bios disc? Then run another disc to create xbox tables on the new larger HD?

Just looking to understand a clear process of everything.

Thanks.

NoobSter!

#2 Noobster101

Noobster101

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 19 posts

Posted 04 July 2010 - 11:30 PM

So i did more searching and found this wonderful tutorial

http://www.biline.ca/xbox_mod.htm

My biggest question is I don't have that game, or the game saves for that game or a memory card.

I have a softmodded xbox, so I assume I can use the raincoat or evox apps easily without needing gamesave exploits, since I can ftp the files to my xbox?

Would this work?

I know evox wont work for my chip and only Raincoat works.

I'm almost at the point of starting the soldier and all, but I want to be sure I have the correct software.

I assume I need raincoat, the bios file... and am using the xbtools.

#3 CGCR

CGCR

X-S Enthusiast

• Validating
  • 8 posts
  • Interests:-Repairs<br />-Mods<br />-News
  • Xbox Version:v1.0
  • 360 version:v4.0 (jasper)

Posted 21 November 2010 - 11:50 PM

ehat you want to do is figure out exactly what version your xbox is by following the tutorial in the tutorials section in the main site in xboxscene.com. then ince you figure it out you need to get a bios that will fit your chip if its a 1.0-1.1 you will need a 1mb bios and if you have a 2.0-4.0 you will need a 256k bios and for 5.0-6.0 you will require a modchip. once you have your method that you will be using do your soldering. 1.0-1.1 will require to bridge some solder on top and solder a wire on the bottom and 2.0-4.0 will require you to bridge 2 places both on top and the 5.0-6.0 will require you ti install a chip (follow the chips install instructions) then i would make the raincoat boot disk found on xbins and make a bios disk using the correct bios also found on xbins and then follow the tutorial ot flash your bios. after run slayers to rebuild your hard drive and then install any dash you want after. if you have questions just pm / email me and i will do my best to help you out. good luck

#4 hangover

hangover

X-S Expert

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 675 posts
  • Xbox Version:v1.4
  • 360 version:v4.0 (jasper)

Posted 25 November 2010 - 09:56 AM

If you tsop is not a winbond then i would download and burn AID or slayers to disc to do the flashing, of course this requires your xbox to be softmodded first.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users