Question About The Aladdin Xt (256kb)

• Please log in to reply
5 replies to this topic

#1 xo0ox

xo0ox

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 4 posts
  • Interests:Modding xbox, computer programming, gaming, media center, music, movies, graphic.
  • Xbox Version:v1.6
  • 360 version:none

Posted 04 July 2010 - 12:01 PM

(bad english)

I am considering to buy a Aladdin XT modchip for my old xbox crystal. The problem is that i messed up my dashboard on the original xbox HD (error 16 appear - i messed it up with hotswap, and wiped the HD). I have no chance to get the eeprom reader, and then i would like to know.. Do i need to lock my HD with the eeprom key with the Aladdin XT modchip installed on the xbox?

#2 Chancer

Chancer

Don't You Trust me?

• Head Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 18,687 posts
  • 360 version:v3.0 (falcon)

Posted 04 July 2010 - 04:06 PM

you don't need to have the HDD locked at all once the chip is in. It will work fine unlocked. Fit the chip and boot form an evox disc or autoinstaller and reinstall the dash files /alternate dash etc.

#3 xo0ox

xo0ox

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 4 posts
  • Interests:Modding xbox, computer programming, gaming, media center, music, movies, graphic.

Posted 04 July 2010 - 05:18 PM

also with the Aladdin XT chip?

#4 Chancer

Chancer

Don't You Trust me?

• Head Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 18,687 posts
  • 360 version:v3.0 (falcon)

Posted 04 July 2010 - 11:12 PM

aladdin xt will give you the same yes.

#5 xo0ox

xo0ox

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 4 posts

Posted 05 July 2010 - 11:32 AM

allright, thanks for the answer smile.gif

#6 joan23

joan23

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 9 posts
  • Xbox Version:unk
  • 360 version:unknown

Posted 28 July 2010 - 03:07 PM

QUOTE(xo0ox @ Jul 4 2010, 12:01 PM) View Post

(bad english)

I am considering to buy a Aladdin XT modchip for my old xbox crystal. The problem is that i messed up my dashboard on the original xbox HD (error 16 appear - i messed it up with hotswap, and wiped the HD). I have no chance to get the eeprom reader, and then i would like to know.. Do i need to lock my HD with the eeprom key with the Aladdin XT modchip installed on the xbox?

hi...
i have a similar problem,,, i have an xbox 1.6 with aladdin xt chip and i have 2pcs 1.6 xbox that have been not working due to bad flashing, then i tried the chip on the broken 1.6 and to my surprize it booted (whilst other similar chip did not,, 5 chips) then an error regarding the time i have fixed this now it stays in green flubber xbox logo... can i flash this broken xbox so that i can return it to the factory setting for later softmodding? by the way the xbox that was working with this alladdin chip displays a blue xboxlogo and appears that it is programmed to have the dvd drive not to function i have tried several dvd drive onto it but still it does not work while all of this dvd drive is workin well in their respective unit ....
any idea guys how it is,, and how can i make this dvd drive to work so i can do moddling onto it...

thanks and hope you guys could help me...

joan23

Edited by joan23, 28 July 2010 - 03:52 PM.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users