FritoFredrik

X-S Young Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 53 posts
  • Xbox Version:unk
  • 360 version:v1 (xenon)

Posted 06 July 2010 - 03:54 AM

i did a stupid thing here i did shorten pin 3 on dvd to gnd wen the box wass on and now i hawe erorr e65
can i fix it and how

#2 nitz0

nitz0

3 Strike Mod Abuser

• XS-BANNED
  • PipPip
  • 293 posts
  • Interests:360RepairKings.Com Repairing and Modding Xbox 360's!!<br /><br />http://360RepairKings.Com
  • 360 version:v3.0 (falcon)

Posted 06 July 2010 - 04:16 AM

Okay so is the dvd firmware stock or hacked? This usually only occurs when a flash goes bad(You can reflash it if you have the ofw) but if it's stock you may have messed up the DMA. If you had it running and was messing with pin on dvd power cable it could have caused something to jolt thru to your flash chip and killed it..

Do you have another power cable to test with?

#3 FritoFredrik

FritoFredrik

X-S Young Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 53 posts

Posted 06 July 2010 - 04:49 AM

no the drive is stock and the power light blinks wen i power it on canot edject
also i did manage to boot the xbox with the drive plugd in but wen it trys to start the game/dvd it only twitch and do not spin up to spped.
can i flach it or exract the key or somthing ?
i jus hitted me in the head when i saw the e65 and said to myself stupid stupid (like heavy from tf2)LOL
remember do not play around and say to yourself - i will just test if it woks sad.gif

#4 uNd3aD

uNd3aD

X-S Enthusiast

• XS-BANNED
  • 20 posts
  • Xbox Version:none

Posted 06 July 2010 - 05:02 AM

You most likely shorted one of the chips on the PCB, try to read the firmware but it might be shot. If you cant the xbox is virtually unusable since you cant put a new drive in then.

#5 nitz0

nitz0

3 Strike Mod Abuser

• XS-BANNED
  • PipPip
  • 293 posts
  • Interests:360RepairKings.Com Repairing and Modding Xbox 360's!!<br /><br />http://360RepairKings.Com

Posted 06 July 2010 - 05:26 AM

Yeah you may be able to manually put it in vendor mode(What type of drive again?) but if not, you will have to remove the flash chip and use external programmer(will have to send off to someone).

Usually when you get a console stuck in vendor mode, the center will constantly blink, cannot eject, drive does nothing..

I would try to extract the key somehow because if not, you will be SOL....Unless it's something simple like the dvd power cable fucked up by doing what you did. biggrin.gif

Try and find another dvd power cable to at least test it on there...

#6 FritoFredrik

FritoFredrik

X-S Young Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 53 posts

Posted 06 July 2010 - 06:19 AM

i tryde another power cabel an still e65 the drive is- mane board: TS-H943A BG41-00258A REV:00
2005.02.21 i do not hawe the label to the driv eny more

#7 nitz0

nitz0

3 Strike Mod Abuser

• XS-BANNED
  • PipPip
  • 293 posts

Posted 06 July 2010 - 03:57 PM

Well it will probably be a messed up flash chip but you can always try to flash it to hacked firmware.

If that doesn't work, you will have to find someone with a eprom programmer to remove the flash chip(TSOP) and extract the FW so you can use on another drive(Replacement).

It does sound like you fried the TSOP tho so I don't know man.

#8 FritoFredrik

FritoFredrik

X-S Young Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 53 posts

Posted 07 July 2010 - 06:06 AM

can i atleast test to hook it up to my pc and se if a can exteract the key its worth a try ore is it?
then i need a link/guide on how to do that so pm me or poste in this thred.

still hate what i did just so stupid should know by now.
also noticed that the power jack/header on drive was kind of broken so can i test the conectons som how?

#9 nitz0

nitz0

3 Strike Mod Abuser

• XS-BANNED
  • PipPip
  • 293 posts

Posted 07 July 2010 - 06:15 AM

You can try to flash it but it may not work. Just google JungleFlasher PDF and read that tut on how to do it.

Can you take a picture of the broken part on the drive?

#10 FritoFredrik

FritoFredrik

X-S Young Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 53 posts

Posted 07 July 2010 - 06:25 AM

yes i can take pic of the bord and i also thinkin if the drive is fuck can i optain a drive and flach it for backup use only ore do i need the key.
have 2 other xbox 360 that works online so i will use this for bacup and playing around only.
if i can not get the key out

#11 nitz0

nitz0

3 Strike Mod Abuser

• XS-BANNED
  • PipPip
  • 293 posts

Posted 07 July 2010 - 07:08 AM

There are 2 options for you on getting they key. You can try to extract the key by flashing but if this does not work, you need to find someone with an eprom programmer. Basically removes the flash chip from the PCB and placed on an adapter/eprom programmer and it extracts the key.

You can then flash the key to another drive if you cannot get the key out yourself by flashing.

There are 2 options for you on getting they key. You can try to extract the key by flashing but if this does not work, you need to find someone with an eprom programmer. Basically removes the flash chip from the PCB and placed on an adapter/eprom programmer and it extracts the key.

You can then flash the key to another drive if you cannot get the key out yourself by flashing.

#12 ioScream

ioScream

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 17 posts

Posted 08 July 2010 - 01:52 AM

QUOTE(nitz0 @ Jul 7 2010, 02:08 AM) View Post

Whoa.. what happened with this post?

#13 nitz0

nitz0

3 Strike Mod Abuser

• XS-BANNED
  • PipPip
  • 293 posts

Posted 08 July 2010 - 01:59 AM

blink.gif

#14 FritoFredrik

FritoFredrik

X-S Young Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 53 posts

Posted 08 July 2010 - 07:31 PM

so what chip conains the key?

#15 FritoFredrik

FritoFredrik

X-S Young Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 53 posts

Posted 12 July 2010 - 12:48 AM

SST ? FW and the key.
so if i buy a new ms25 board can i switch SST chis on it an see if i can ectract the key

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users