13 replies to this topic

#1 vishnutej9492

vishnutej9492

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 8 posts

Posted 06 July 2010 - 07:45 AM

Hey ,

I own an Xbox 1.0 , and im not sure if my xbox was softmodded or modchipped , but as far as i know , i think it was mod chipped

So first off , i used slayers disc and installed evox and then backed up my eeprom.bin to the hard drive , and i was sending various files through the FTP and dint exactly get the idea to copy the eeprom.bin to my desktop PC

So then i unlocked my hard drive , and then it started showing the Error 05

Then i connected the hard drive to my PC , and then locked it again using xboxhdm and then tried to run it on my xbox and it isnt working

So then i unlocked my hard drive again , using xboxhdm (4th option) , and then tried to search for my eeprom.bin using xplorer360 , and xbox commander , but i keep getting the unable to find FATX drive error

I tried using frosty's recovery disk , and ALSO i have a new fresh 160gig drive that i thought ill use , but the technique of hotswapping isnt working , and i also dont really think im doing it correctly

Can someone please tell me what to do smile.gif ? , i could really use some help now because im a n00b sad.gif at this

#2 Darion3169

Darion3169

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 16 posts

Posted 06 July 2010 - 07:57 AM

This method will allow you to rebuild your Xbox HDD WITHOUT having your eeprom. This is your best bet to get the sytstem running fresh and try modding again from there. Go to this link http://forums.afterd...view.cfm/548462 and sorry in advance to Admin, Im a member of so many sites i forget the rules for each one, if i wasnt supposed to post a link, i just want to help the guy out to get past the issue he's having.

#3 vishnutej9492

vishnutej9492

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 8 posts

Posted 06 July 2010 - 08:30 AM

THanks a ton Darion

But another request

Like if there is any other method to avoid hotswapping , i would love it because i am kind of clumsy sad.gif

#4 obcd

obcd

X-S Hacker

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,737 posts
  • Xbox Version:v1.0
  • 360 version:none

Posted 06 July 2010 - 08:35 AM

I can't follow very well here. Error 5 means that your harddisk is unlocked.
If you had a modchip, the bios on it wouldn't care about that.

I think you had a softmodded xbox

After that, you locked the harddisk with xboxhdm?
xboxhdm needs the xbox eeprom.bin to calculate the password needed to lock the drive.
And you unlocked it again...

The whole idea of hotswapping is connecting the harddisk to a pc after the xbox unlocked it.
Since yours isn't locked in the first place, you don't need to do a hotswap. You can simply connect
the harddisk to a pc, and it should be readable.

If you can't recover the eeprom.bin file from the harddisk, you will need a modchip or an eeprom reader
to get that file from your xbox eeprom.

regards.

#5 vishnutej9492

vishnutej9492

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 8 posts

Posted 06 July 2010 - 09:18 AM

I used the 4th option where it goes to MS-DOS and then u can use the unlockhd.bat and lockhd.bat and give the master password and lock / unlock it

the thing is , my hd is not readable with my pC -.-

#6 vishnutej9492

vishnutej9492

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 8 posts

Posted 06 July 2010 - 10:17 AM

Just a quick question ,

does hotswapping have anything to do with a quad core pc?

incompatible?

#7 vishnutej9492

vishnutej9492

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 8 posts

Posted 06 July 2010 - 10:38 AM

OK turns out you should use a SATA Dvd Drive while doing the hotswap / rebuild process

You should stick to an IDE DVD Drive when you are hotswapping to avoid getting the error "Linux CD not found"

Ty for all the people

Cheers smile.gif

#8 Heimdall

Heimdall

X-S Legend

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,749 posts
  • Xbox Version:v1.4
  • 360 version:v4.0 (jasper)

Posted 06 July 2010 - 10:39 AM

No.

It sounds as though your Xbox was softmodded, but now probably isn't - Slayers was designed to work with chipped / flashed Xboxes, not softmodded ones. Also, FYI, unlocking a hard drive is madness unless you are ABSOLUTELY CERTAIN that your Xbox is chipped or flashed.

When you put the disk in your Xbox, what error number do you get at the moment?

If it is Error 5, plug it back in to your computer and use Xplorer360 beta 6 to try to browse the contents to find the eeprom.

If it is Error 6, then reverse your steps to unlock the disk using whatever method you used to lock it. Once you get back to Error 5 then use Xplorer360 beta 6.

If you can't unlock it, or if you are getting Error 7, then you need an eeprom reader or a chip, plus a new hard disk.

Edit: So you've fixed it? Excellent news if you have. smile.gif . I assume you meant "shouldn't use a SATA DVD Drive..."

Edited by Heimdall, 06 July 2010 - 10:43 AM.

#9 vishnutej9492

vishnutej9492

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 8 posts

Posted 07 July 2010 - 05:34 AM

Ok here's the deal

@ Heimdall - i used XBOXHDM to create a new HD without my eeprom for my 160 gig hard drive and for the stock 8 gig hard drive

but when i put it in the xbox , it says the error 5

and i always try to use xplorer360 beta 6 , but it never finds my disk somehow

although , after building the 2 HD's using XBOXHDM , i dint try it ..

please give me tips on how to do it =D

Heimdall you rock help me plz

#10 Heimdall

Heimdall

X-S Legend

• Members
  • 5,749 posts

Posted 07 July 2010 - 09:39 AM

Are you saying you've used xboxhdm to rebuild your original drive and the 160G drive, in which case your eeprom copy has almost certainly been erased from your original drive.

If not, have you tried to use Xplorer360 beta 6 to browse your original drive?

The bottom line is, if you can't get the eeprom from the original drive then you need to build an eeprom reader, or fit a chip.

#11 vishnutej9492

vishnutej9492

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 8 posts

Posted 07 July 2010 - 10:00 AM

i basically erased my eeprom i think

-___-

im such a douche , the worst part is , im from india , so im not accessible to tools like an eeprom reader

*sigh* , how do i get my eeprom if i take my friends modchip , please guide me

#12 Heimdall

Heimdall

X-S Legend

• Members
  • 5,749 posts

Posted 07 July 2010 - 10:19 AM

You can build an eeprom reader fairly cheaply. See this link for details. The only components that might be difficult to salvage from an old radio are the 5V Zener diodes, but you can also build a reader with 4 standard diodes - see this post.

#13 vishnutej9492

vishnutej9492

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 8 posts

Posted 08 July 2010 - 01:42 PM

ok so now this is the scene

i have access to an xbox modchip that is red in color

thing is , i dont know how to use it , however there is this shop dude , who does know how to use it ..

only thing is he doesnt know about XBMC -.-"

so if someone can link me to a nice guide to fix the 05 error and to get eeprom using a modchip , i would love it smile.gif

#14 Heimdall

Heimdall

X-S Legend

• Members
  • 5,749 posts

Posted 08 July 2010 - 11:19 PM

Fit the chip.

Boot with Frosty's Rescue Disc.

FTP Config Magic to your Xbox.

Run Config Magic to lock the disk and take an eeprom backup.

FTP the eeprom backup to your PC.

Turn the chip off and boot without Frosty's Rescue disc to confirm that the softmodded disk works properly.

Remove the chip.

Edited by Heimdall, 08 July 2010 - 11:20 PM.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users