Iím writing this hoping to get rid of the ďwhy canít connectĒ questions when people join arenas.
Things you will need:
1. Your original nand dump (Have your CPU Key and 1BL Key ready)
2. Freeboot .032 files (xbins)
3. 9199 files from xbins
4. The correct hacked smc.bin for your motherboard (get an xbr image for your motherboard, extract the smc_dec.bin)
5. Dashlaunch 1.0 Patches (located in development system apps at xbins)
6. The ping patch (located in development system apps at xbins)
7. Xlink Kai
Step 1. Building your new Freeboot Image
A) Unzip the freeboot .032 file and then unzip the 9199.zip into the data of the previously unzipped freeboot .032 folder. Unzip the dashlaunch file into its own folder. Once unzipped, copy the patches located in the freeboot patches folder of the dashlaunch folder into the bin folder of the previously unzipped freeboot .032 folder. Copy a cmd.exe into the root of the freeboot .032 folder. Finally, copy your orig.bin (or whatever you named it) into the root of the freeboot .032 folder.
Once you have completely finish part 1, open the command prompt that you copied into the root of the freeboot .032 folder and type in the following command:
a. ibuild.exe x -d temp\ -p [cpu key] -b [1bl key] orig.bin
i. You must replace [cpu key] with your cpu key (remove the brackets)
ii. You must replace [1bl key] with the 1bl key which can be found by googling (remove brackets)
b. If the command is successful you will not get an error. Now go into the temp folder located inside of the freeboot .032 folder and you will see that your orig.bin has been extracted. You need to copy the following 10 files from the temp folder to the data folder: crl.bin, crl.bin.meta, extended.bin, extended.bin.meta, kv.bin, odd.bin, odd.bin.meta, secdata.bin, secdata.bin.mata, smc_config.bin
c. Copy the smc_dec.bin you extracted earlier from the correct xbr image for your motherboard, to the data folder located in the freeboot .032 folder. Rename it to smc.bin
d. Now that you have all of the files located in the correct folder, build the image with this command:
i. ibuild.exe c freeBOOT -c [console] -d data\ -p [cpu key] -b [1bl key] bin\image.bin bin\fuses.bin
1. Replace console with your motherboard type ie xenon, falcon, jasper (remove the brackets)
2. Replace [cpu key] with your own just like before, and do the same for the 1BL just like you did before (remove the brackets)
e. Your image is now rebuilt and it is located in the bin folder of the freeboot .032 folder. It is called image.bin. Rename it to updflash.bin
f. Flash your new updflash.bin using xellous to avoid having to worry about bad blocks.
Step 2. Preparing Your Console After You Have Flashed Your New Freeboot Image.
Now that you have flashed your new freeboot image, you are almost done preparing your console.
1. Unzip the systempingcheck.zip and transfer kxam.patch to the root of hdd1 and you can also transfer it to your usb hdd. Do both to be safe.
2. Located inside of the Dashlaunch folder you extracted earlier, is a folder called flash_installer. Transfer that folder to your xbox 360.
3. Located inside of the Dashlaunch folder you extracted earlier is a file called samplelaunch.ini. Configure it (Case sensitive hard drive is LHdd and usb is LUsb0) to your liking (read the dashlaunch readme if you canít understand what to do just by looking) and transfer it to the root of hdd1 and/or usb.
4. Run the launch.xex from the flash_installer folder. Follow the prompt to put it into the flash, exit, then reboot your console. If you set your ini up correctly you will auto launch fsd or xexmenu or whatever you set it to auto launch.
5. Get all of the newest title updates for the games you want to use xlink with. There are a few websites that have title updates (which I wonít list here) and you can also use title downloader 1.2. You will need your content.xml from freestyle dash to use that program.
Step 3. Setting Up Xlink and Your System Link Setup
People use different setups but Iím only going to explain connecting to xlink through a laptop with a wireless internet connection. If you canít figure out how to portforward for your setup go to xlinkís website www.teamxlink.co.uk.
1. Download/install xlink, create a tag etc.
2. Open the Xlink Kai Configuration, switch option to ui, enter in your username/password, hit save and exit.
3. Make sure you have disabled xbox live using the family access settings on your 360
4. On your 360 go to network settings, switch the ip settings to manual, give it an ip, set the subnet mask to 255.255.255.0, and the default gateway to your routerís ip address
5. On your laptop give the Ethernet port of that your 360 is using an ip address (different ip then the one you used in system settings of your 360), subnet mask 255.255.255.0 and set the default gateway and dns to the ip of your router.
6. Open an internet page and type the ip address of your router. Find the settings for portforwarding and forward port 30000 to your laptopís ip address not the 360ís address (this only applies using the setup Iím describing).
YOU ARE DONE AND SHOULD BE ABLE TO CONNECT, IF YOU CANíT ITíS YOUR OWN FAULT AT THIS POINT
YOUR FRIEND JPARKER AKA SOULWARRIOR AKA SOULWARRIOR 71K
Edited by StrictPuppet, 22 June 2011 - 07:46 AM.