• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 apedog123456

apedog123456

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 3 posts

Posted 09 July 2010 - 02:44 AM

I bought two xboxs with 1 RROD. Found out one was just sitting there and giving me the 1RROD. So I decided to switch out the other dvd from the other xbox into this one. I turn it on and it works fine?! No RROD. I plug back in the original dvd drive that supposed to be in there and it gives me the 1RROD.

Whats going on??

#2 apedog123456

apedog123456

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 3 posts

Posted 09 July 2010 - 03:39 AM

Just hooked it up to my xecuter and it wont even eject so its dead. How do I get the Dvd drive key from a dead dvd drive? Its an Hitachi and the xbox hasent been updated.

#3 uNd3aD

uNd3aD

X-S Enthusiast

• XS-BANNED
  • 20 posts
  • Xbox Version:none
  • 360 version:v3.0 (falcon)

Posted 09 July 2010 - 03:14 PM

Well that hitachi is shot, a bad flash, hitachi's are bitches with bad flashes. Since you cant recover from the drive, JTAG that xbox, run Xell, get your DVD key from there, then use JungleFlasher to spoof a new drive with your DVD key and drive model. I can go more in-depth if your need help.

#4 RDC

RDC

X-S Seraphic

• Head Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,792 posts
  • Xbox Version:v1.0
  • 360 version:v1 (xenon)

Posted 09 July 2010 - 07:07 PM

Yes you can recover the key from that drive, unless it was flashed with the wrong key or all zeros, but there's no way to tell that without extracting it first. The power cable could have been plugged in upside down and fried it that way. You can send it off to have the key extracted from the SST chip, shouldn't cost more than $15 or so, or get the programmer and learn to do it yourself, then you can proceed with installing a new drive after getting the key that way. The only issue with that method is if that drive wasn't the original one you'll have a useless key, whereas if you jtag it (provided the dash version is low enough) that key will definitely be correct.

Edited by RDC, 09 July 2010 - 08:12 PM.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users