Photo

Advice Needed: Can My Jtag Jasper Be Saved?

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 spoerriwood

spoerriwood

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 8 posts

Posted 09 July 2010 - 06:32 AM

Advice needed: is my Jasper dead or can it be saved?
« on: Today at 12:23:19 AM »
Quote Modify
After a ton of agonizing solder work to install the 3.5 hdd motherboard mod I had my Jasper jtag box almost done. Since I was finally ditching my DVD drive I tried a small mod to stop the flashing rol center light when the DVD drive is missing. Supposedly if you bridge the 4 & 6 pins on the DVD power header it closes the DVD check circuit and no more blinking light

my problem is that I mis read the diagram and bridged the 9 & 7 pins of the DVD power header. The read out I had says these are both ground points but when I powered on my box it immediately turned off and have me the red light on the power supply. I removed the bridge and retried, same result. I am able to power on a seperate 360 with the same power supy so I don't think the supply itself is the issue.

My next step was going to be to start replacing MOSFETs and see what happens. Any ideas or advice would be appreciated. Anyone know what I blew or if the box can be saved? Thanks

#2 spoerriwood

spoerriwood

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 8 posts

Posted 09 July 2010 - 02:38 PM

quick edit, it looks like I bridged points 10 and 8, not 9 and 7 like I originally thought. These are a 5v and a 12v point respectively, which is probably bad news for me.... any ideas on what I fried?

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users