wedders

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 17 posts
  • Xbox Version:v1.6
  • 360 version:unknown

Posted 09 July 2010 - 12:14 PM

Hi guys.

I had a modded box back in the day with a Xenium chip, and after I got rid of it, I began to miss it. Xodus came out with the Gold SP (which looked sick) and I always had plans for it!

Unfortunately, I left my plans for ~6 years, and I can't find one of these things anywhere.

I live in the UK, and everywhere just seems to have closed up shop. The one website I did find that I thought had them in stock, turned out to just have a very cryptic "out of stock" image haha.

So can anyone point me in the right direction? Tbh any chip'll do. I only wanna mash a big hard drive with XBMC and a loada games on it - I know everyone used to like the Xecuter chips as well.

Thanks anyone who can help!
Ben.

#2 Heimdall

Heimdall

X-S Legend

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,749 posts
  • Xbox Version:v1.4
  • 360 version:v4.0 (jasper)

Posted 09 July 2010 - 01:37 PM

DuoX2 is the only one that seems to be readily available these days. You can get them in BST, and from memory they're about $14 plus shipping to the UK, which was ridiculously cheap!

#3 Joes2Silly

Joes2Silly

X-S Senior Member

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 254 posts
  • Xbox Version:v1.0
  • 360 version:none

Posted 09 July 2010 - 04:20 PM

As Heimdall said, the only chip that is still widely available is the DuoX2. There is a xenium gold solderless SP in the BST section right now for $30 if you really want one wink.gif

Edited by Joes2Silly, 09 July 2010 - 04:21 PM.

#4 Weirdjerz3y

Weirdjerz3y

X-S X-perience

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 455 posts
  • 360 version:v1 (xenon)

Posted 10 July 2010 - 05:47 AM

I had the Aladdin Super live since Feb 2008, and i had no problem, this is the site i ordered from http://www.modsuppli...ps-c-26_29.html
Any of those those three chips are good. its supposed to come with M8 with hd support, but it didn't come with the 137Gb support(but it had m8), but i re-flashed the Aladdin and no problem.

#5 Heimdall

Heimdall

X-S Legend

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,749 posts
  • Xbox Version:v1.4
  • 360 version:v4.0 (jasper)

Posted 10 July 2010 - 11:06 AM

However, the Aladdin is 256kB single bank only, whereas the DuoX2 is 2 x 512kB, which has two advantages:

1. You can run 512kB BIOSes, like X2.5035
2. You can leave Flashbios (or any other BIOS you like) on the second bank as an insurance policy.

Given that they are around the same price, I'd go for the DuoX2 every time. smile.gif

#6 Weirdjerz3y

Weirdjerz3y

X-S X-perience

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 455 posts

Posted 10 July 2010 - 04:53 PM

yeah, i would gotten it too but at the time the duo was more expensive

#7 wedders

wedders

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 17 posts
  • Xbox Version:v1.6
  • 360 version:unknown

Posted 10 July 2010 - 05:48 PM

So...

I would go for the Xenium since it's what I kinda remember (and I never had any problems with it!), but I'm kinda sensing the DuoX2 might be a more cost-effective (and better?) option. Am I right?

As someone who only frayed into modding with a solderless chip when he was 13, and has no real knowledge on any chip other than the Xenium, I have no idea haha.

Thanks all,
Ben.

#8 Weirdjerz3y

Weirdjerz3y

X-S X-perience

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 455 posts

Posted 11 July 2010 - 11:03 PM

Yeah just get the duox2