X-S Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 142 posts
  • Xbox Version:v1.6
  • 360 version:v3.0 (falcon)

Posted 10 July 2010 - 04:25 AM

Hello,

First off, thanks to Xport and Madmab for all the fine work and continuing to work on and improve these emulators. Old school guys like myself who grew up in the 80's and never really wanted to see the scene change from that time reaally appreciate your efforts.

Now, to my problem. As best I can tell, this problem exists on all the Xport/Madmab emus except for the NES one...

I set the screen the way I want it, and the settings won't "stick". The settings for everything else seem to stick, such as controller mappings, etc, it's just the screen positioning that wont.

I go to Video configuration. I have the video mode set to 1080i cause that's what I paid the big money for my TV for.

Then, I go to "game and text screen size/positions".

The first line after that I don't understand. It says "set game screen size/position", and it has two choices. One is "1" with an arrow pointing right, and the other is "2" with an arrow pointing left. I don't understand. Maybe someone can explain that.

Then, the next choice is "set game screen to accurate screen pixel ratio'. I thought that sounds good, so I pick it. Whenever I do that, there is black from the unused space on the sides, which I expected and am OK with. But there is also a black bar of unused space at the bottom of the screen. I don't get that.

What I'm trying to hard to accomplish is to have the picture as big as I can possibly get it, while keeping the game image square.

I go to "set text screen size/position" and I go through the motions of pressing start to lock the screen to the perfect ratio, then proceed to move the big white square to the size and position I want, and I click A, but when I start a game, regardless of whether or not it's one I played before, it goes back to that craziness of the black bar at the bottom of the screen.

The NES emulator is the only one not doing this to me. How do I get all the emu's to work as great as the NES one does?

Please help!

TIA

#2 xflbret

xflbret

X-S Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 142 posts
  • Xbox Version:v1.6
  • 360 version:v3.0 (falcon)

Posted 11 July 2010 - 03:00 AM

Is there a tutorial or something that explains what I'm asking? It seems as if someone had to have this issue before...

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users