#1 The Creed0626

The Creed0626

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 18 posts
  • Xbox Version:v1.0
  • 360 version:v3.0 (falcon)

Posted 10 July 2010 - 03:24 PM

I'm not sure why but my zephyr xbox is producing alot of heat. It blows alot of hot air from the back and fans pick up speads pretty quick. Even when it is on the dash board. I wanted to know if this is normal for a zephyr xbox becasue my falcon usually blows out cool air and never gets as load.

#2 budtoka420

budtoka420

X-S Young Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 53 posts

Posted 10 July 2010 - 08:53 PM

if you did a little researching before you made a bunch of threads and jacking other peoples posts then you would have found out that a zypher has the same chipset as a xenon except it has hdmi and it is normal for it to get hot especially since it has a 90mm gpu and cpu where as a falcon has a 60mm gpu and cpu I think though i may be wrong and that's why it runs cooler

#3 The Creed0626

The Creed0626

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 18 posts

Posted 10 July 2010 - 11:44 PM

QUOTE(budtoka420 @ Jul 10 2010, 03:53 PM) View Post

if you did a little researching before you made a bunch of threads and jacking other peoples posts then you would have found out that a zypher has the same chipset as a xenon except it has hdmi and it is normal for it to get hot especially since it has a 90mm gpu and cpu where as a falcon has a 60mm gpu and cpu I think though i may be wrong and that's why it runs cooler

Why do you have to be so mean for I'm new to this forum and I didn't know that it is "illegal" to ask people for help by posting your similar issue into someones thread. Your really making this community look bad. I deleted my post too.

I have done my research and I know that a Zephyr has a 90mm GPU and CPU. It's just that it is SO LOAD compared to the Falcon. It sounds like its going to explode. The person I bought it from told me he would get the 2 RROD (overheating). It is very wierd imho that the fans pick up speed on the DASHBOARD too. It's just the dashboard...don't you think theres a problem?

btw Falcon has a 65mm CPU and a 90mm GPU

Edited by The Creed0626, 10 July 2010 - 11:46 PM.

#4 brandogg

brandogg

X-S Messiah

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,091 posts
  • Xbox Version:v1.6
  • 360 version:v4.0 (jasper)

Posted 11 July 2010 - 12:26 AM

Have you reapplied new thermal paste? Are the heat sinks on tight? Also, you already hijacked budtoka420's thread, and this is your third thread about the same issue.

#5 WorldFormula

WorldFormula

X-S Senior Member

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 196 posts
  • Xbox Version:none
  • 360 version:v4.0 (jasper)

Posted 11 July 2010 - 12:29 AM

The heatsinks are most likely sitting on the board incorrectly, or it doesn't have enough thermal paste. Does it have an x-clamp fix on there, or does it have the stock hardware?

EDIT: Damnit brandogg, beat me to it. biggrin.gif

Edited by WorldFormula, 11 July 2010 - 12:29 AM.

#6 budtoka420

budtoka420

X-S Young Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 53 posts

Posted 11 July 2010 - 01:14 AM

My post wasnt mean at all also I was on xbox hackers and you made the same thread there too. Im just saying if people arnt gonna, answer your 1st thread why would they answer your third

#7 The Creed0626

The Creed0626

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 18 posts

Posted 12 July 2010 - 03:08 PM

QUOTE(budtoka420 @ Jul 10 2010, 08:14 PM) View Post

My post wasnt mean at all also I was on xbox hackers and you made the same thread there too. Im just saying if people arnt gonna, answer your 1st thread why would they answer your third

I changed the place I put the thread because I thought I put it in the wrong forum section and I also put it on a different fourum becasue i want to get my question answered. You really have a problem why the hell do you have to cry about it. get over it

QUOTE(brandogg @ Jul 10 2010, 07:26 PM) View Post

Have you reapplied new thermal paste? Are the heat sinks on tight? Also, you already hijacked budtoka420's thread, and this is your third thread about the same issue.

It's all stock the only thing i did is cut the metal mesh and put the card board on the heat sinks.

QUOTE(brandogg @ Jul 10 2010, 07:26 PM) View Post

Do you think I should Put fresh thermal paste and do the xclamp fix?

Note: The xbox is all stock the only thing i did is cut the mesh and put the card board thing on the heat sinks.

#8 budtoka420

budtoka420

X-S Young Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 53 posts

Posted 12 July 2010 - 04:18 PM

Settle down noob lol

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users