• Please log in to reply
5 replies to this topic

#1 Zorlin

Zorlin

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 17 posts

Posted 10 July 2010 - 09:15 PM

I have two Xbox Debug Kits, looking to sell both but may end up keeping one.

Neither has broken seals, and as such they have the same hardware they came with. I haven't confirmed whether they have 128MB of RAM yet, but it is very likely that they do. They have a translucent green case with Debug Kit written in the top-right corner of the front bezel, and a black and silver Xbox jewel.

According to the disk I used, they should both have Dashboard v5691 (displayed as 5659 in the dash?) and Kernel 5455. Both will come with two verified working copies of the recovery disk.

They were originally used in the xsled program and as such were running a debug version of the retail dash, only able to boot Media Center Extender for Xbox disks. I have installed the XDK launcher on both of them using a recovery disk, so that is what they both run now. (XDK/Launcher version 5849).

They are both in pretty much perfect condition as we've had them sitting in storage most of the time, no dents, scratches or blemishes I can see. Neither has anything except the stock XDK launcher software on it, so you'll have to go about loading things like PBL or TATX Debug Dual Bios and such onto it yourself.

(If someone can PM me a quick lesson on how to get something on there that'll tell me how much RAM it has or where to find this in the launcher, I'll get a mod to update this post)

Conditions are pretty much the same as undead's box (although I am looking to get money from it):
  • Shipping from Bellevue, WA
  • You pay actual shipping costs
  • Everything works perfectly at my end - if its DOA you will get your money back.
  • PayPal acceptable
This was posted in Development because BST doesn't really seem appropriate.

I have a bunch of pictures of it, some of them with my name on the corner etc. I also have a video of me booting one up, playing around, then booting the recovery disk and using it. PM me if you want to see the video, since it isn't uploaded yet.

Anyways, pictures and such. If you want something that isn't already listed here, please PM me and I'll do my best to get it.

Using a recovery disk and one of the kits in use:
First recovery prompt
Second recovery prompt
Dashboard version selection
Files! -> Hard Disk!
The debug kit running this
Kernel version selection
Rom updaterage
Finished!
XDK launcher language selection
Naming the kit
Horribly Lame and Blurry Shot of the XDK Launcher ™
A better shot of the bottom of the launcher, showing the first half of the version number (which is 5849) and the name
Xbox controller test tool
The dashboard's version and kernel information

Case and box pictures:
Top of the case
A shot of the Microsoft etching on the inside of the top of the case (PM me for a better one if needed)
Front of the box
Profile shot of the box with a note in the corner
Better shot of the note
Full shot of the box

Left side of the case
Right side of the case (The wire and such is inside the case - it can't be seen without the flash)
Back of the case

Bottom of the case and sealed stickers:
Bottom of the case
Closeup of the contract sticker
Closeup of the Debug Kit Console sticker.

Also, please note I'm not looking to sell this to anybody - you should have at least some kind of recognition and reputation here. You don't have to have created or developed anything - just have been here long enough and posted enough to be considered trustworthy.

I do not fall into that category, which is why I've posted so many pictures, but you should.

Price isn't really set yet. I have something in mind but you should PM me offers and I'll try and respond pretty quickly.

Edited by Zorlin, 10 July 2010 - 09:19 PM.

#2 xboxmods2977

xboxmods2977

X-S Freak

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,156 posts
  • Xbox Version:v1.0
  • 360 version:none

Posted 11 July 2010 - 04:20 AM

That's a cool find. I used to be very interested in obtaining one of those but ever since I learned how to do a ram upgrade, I have since built my own Dev Kit.

Good luck on your sale tho! beerchug.gif

#3 Zorlin

Zorlin

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 17 posts

Posted 02 August 2010 - 12:37 AM

Still have these, still interested in selling them.

As a sidenote, I noticed that my topic mentions PMing me to see the video - I've been lazy and haven't uploaded it to a semi-public location yet.

Just to clarify, since the language I used implies piracy, the video contains nothing but me booting up the console and a recovery disk, flashing and formatting the console, then playing with the XDK for a bit.

#4 Zorlin

Zorlin

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 17 posts

Posted 09 May 2011 - 09:47 AM

Bumping.

#5 sirlemonhead

sirlemonhead

X-S Senior Member

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 161 posts
  • Xbox Version:unk

Posted 15 May 2011 - 12:22 AM

I think i'm too far away in Ireland to take one unfortunately smile.gif

#6 Zorlin

Zorlin

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 17 posts

Posted 17 May 2011 - 09:53 AM

QUOTE(sirlemonhead @ May 15 2011, 07:22 AM) View Post

I think i'm too far away in Ireland to take one unfortunately smile.gif

Not necessarily. tongue.gif

One kit sold, other on hold for a week or two - likely both sold smile.gif I'll post here again if not, though.

EDIT: Both are SOLD!

Edited by Zorlin, 17 May 2011 - 10:20 AM.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users