l11l1VeNoM1l11l

X-S Senior Member

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 185 posts
  • Xbox Version:v1.1
  • 360 version:none

Posted 11 July 2010 - 05:06 PM

Well, we all got the "Farewell Xbox" news flash from the XBMC developers. That blows big time for people like me who still use the Xbox as a media center. Of course, we still have T3CH, but I haven't been a huge fan of the T3CH builds since the May 19, 2008 build. And yes, that's what I've been running up until last night. I got really sick of Apple Movie Trailers never working, the newest versions of Navi-X not working, and I fell in love with all of the new scrapers.

I just upgraded to the latest T3CH build and I'm having some trouble editing the original Project Mayhem 3 skin. For my old build, I found an unfinished tutorial online in the XBMC Community Forums for adding a 3d Cover Flow view in the videos section. I was able to finish it up and getting working perfectly, and it really did look awesome:

IPB Image

Now, however, if I use the same methods to implement that code into PM3 in the new version of XBMC, it doesn't work 100% correctly.

If I simply copy over the custom XML file that I created for the 3d Cover Flow view in videos from the old build, it doesn't work at all. I don't even get the view option, but I think that's because I'm forgetting something. There must be another setting in one of the other XML files that I can't remember, and comparing XML file to XML file, one after another, is quite tiring.

If I simply copy over the entire PM3 skin from the old build, everything works fine, but the X-Link Kai button is constantly active next to the Favorites and Shut Down buttons. This is because Kai was still coded into the old build. And another small problem - If there is no box art for the moves, I get big slashes through the default video icons, which is just weird. That's not a huge deal, considering I can simply download box art manually if none of the scrapers can find it.

Basically, I need help doing one of the following:

- I can't find the original tutorial that helped me out so much with my old build. I'm pretty sure it's because all of the Xbox-related projects have been discontinued and erased. If not, can someone help me find this? I stumbled across it back in the day by simply Googling for "3d cover flow project mayhem 3 xbmc". Now if you do this you will get results pertaining to PMIII HD, and that's not what I'm looking for.

or

- Can someone help me figure out how to edit the code to re-implement the cover flow view in the videos section?

or

- Can someone simply tell me how to completely remove the X-Link Kai buttons from my old Project Mayhem 3 skin?

If anyone needs the files, I can upload them and provide links. I appreciate any response I get, considering I'm not even expecting to get one. This place has been pretty dead.

Edited by l11l1VeNoM1l11l, 11 July 2010 - 05:07 PM.

#2 l11l1VeNoM1l11l

l11l1VeNoM1l11l

X-S Senior Member

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 185 posts
  • Xbox Version:v1.1
  • 360 version:none

Posted 11 July 2010 - 09:23 PM

Okay, well I fixed the major problem, but I still can't get rid of these weird slashes in the thumbnails. If the box art is present, it overlaps the black slash, but the slashes still appear in the reflection. See below:

IPB Image

IPB Image

IPB Image

As you can see, the same problem is also occurring in the music section with coverflow. I didn't edit the music XMLs at all, so I know that this is a general problem with either the newest T3CH build of XBMC or the PM3 skin itself.

Any suggestions?

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users