• Please log in to reply
10 replies to this topic

#1 jnmcomputers

jnmcomputers

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 5 posts

Posted 12 July 2010 - 07:47 AM

Ive been all over many sites the past few days trying to find out the answer to this it seems some say if your kernel is lower than 8955 it can be jtagged others say under 8000 some say its under a certain 7xxx number cant remember all of them off the top of my head finally i decided to just ask since it seems i cant find the answer for sure. i also saw something about a cygnos being able to work on my current dash which i think was 8455 can anyone that deals with this often tell me for sure what i can or cant do with this? thanks alot guys.

#2 sonic2120

sonic2120

X-S Senior Member

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 299 posts
  • Xbox Version:v1.6b
  • 360 version:v4.0 (jasper)

Posted 12 July 2010 - 08:57 AM

7371 is the latest dashboard you can have and possibly still be able to Jtag a system. Anything lower than 7371 and you're golden though. Sadly you won't be able to jtag that system with 8455 and having a cygnos won't make any difference.

#3 bamarquez226

bamarquez226

X-S Expert

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 517 posts
  • Xbox Version:v1.0
  • 360 version:v3.0 (falcon)

Posted 12 July 2010 - 05:13 PM

To add to Sonic's comments, dash 8xxx fixes the hole in the system which the JTAG hack exploits. Dash 7371, was the last known dash to have the hole still open for the hack.

And there is NO known way to downgrade dashboards, if there was a way, it would be front page news.

#4 jnmcomputers

jnmcomputers

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 5 posts

Posted 12 July 2010 - 11:24 PM

kk thanks alot just wanted to know for sure seems there are some that may be saying this because apparently you can put the newer dash once the jtag has been done with freeboot

i think thats where the confusion comes from with the dashes

#5 fratslop

fratslop

X-S Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 82 posts
  • Xbox Version:v1.1
  • 360 version:v3.1 (opus)

Posted 12 July 2010 - 11:44 PM

if there "was" a way, it "would" be kept quiet...

#6 jnmcomputers

jnmcomputers

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 5 posts

Posted 13 July 2010 - 02:27 AM

that is understandable as well because once its out then M$ will be working on how to patch the hole again.

#7 fratslop

fratslop

X-S Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 82 posts

Posted 13 July 2010 - 02:57 AM

i think i would be able to swallow that if that was the case.... i think its more about (at a low level) the whole kv issue / LIVE hacking. I think the bigger issue is, once leaked, jtag (or equivalent) as dev as pnet attack kit. Honestly, if ppl cant control themselves with the crappy "modded lobbies" (lmfao), then the former would be a disaster.

whether this is the issue or not, "private" hacking is starting to prevail to shield the real scene from all the wannabe usb "modders" and what they can achieve with point and click software and a handful of tutorials.

Edited by fratslop, 13 July 2010 - 03:13 AM.

#8 theninjaway

theninjaway

X-S Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 136 posts

Posted 13 July 2010 - 03:02 AM

there's also the CPU swap, you use a hot air rework system to de-solder the cpu from an exploitable system, most unfixable rrods are good for this) and swap it to an unexploitable. however you must find the cpu from your make of motherboard for it to work, you can't swap a xenon with a jasper, etc.

#9 fratslop

fratslop

X-S Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 82 posts

Posted 13 July 2010 - 03:17 AM

QUOTE(theninjaway @ Jul 12 2010, 08:02 PM) View Post

there's also the CPU swap, you use a hot air rework system to de-solder the cpu from an exploitable system, most unfixable rrods are good for this) and swap it to an unexploitable. however you must find the cpu from your make of motherboard for it to work, you can't swap a xenon with a jasper, etc.

this also requires that you jtag and install xellous to retrieve the cpu key (if you dont have a nand dump of the donor system)

from what I understand, jasper cpu can be used on falcon, and zephyr + xenon can be used with eachother, as long as you change certain things on the nand. i may have misunderstood though, so of an expert sees this and i am wrong, please correct tongue.gif

However i do know that xenon has 1 extra row of pads if compared to falcon +.

Edited by fratslop, 13 July 2010 - 03:25 AM.

#10 soulwarrior

soulwarrior

X-S Senior Member

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 207 posts

Posted 13 July 2010 - 03:38 AM

QUOTE(theninjaway @ Jul 12 2010, 10:02 PM) View Post

You would need to swap the nand as well considering thats what the exploit is taking advantage of.

#11 fratslop

fratslop

X-S Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 82 posts

Posted 13 July 2010 - 05:55 AM

you wouldnt have to physically swap the nand, you would just need a nand dump of the donor system and flash it onto the reworked systems nand...

also, this wouldnt be necessary if you knew the cpu key of the donor system's cpu. this can be retrieved after reworking + flashing xell. then encrypt a decrypted kv with your cpu key and inject into xbr.....done.

Edited by fratslop, 13 July 2010 - 06:02 AM.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users