• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 L-Burna

L-Burna

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 21 posts

Posted 13 July 2010 - 10:58 PM

I've noticed this drive seems to be the only one that I know of that can read PS3 games besides the PS3 blu-ray drive itself using the otherOS option and SAK. I would like to know if anyone has messed with the firmware from this drive and tried to flash it to a different BD-Rom drive. Its not gonna be easy in the future to get this drive, so has anyone been looking at the firmware. My guess is it would be a good idea to find a similar drive and try to flash the firmware from the DH-401s to it.

#2 L-Burna

L-Burna

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 21 posts

Posted 20 April 2012 - 12:40 AM

I know this is an old thread, but I'm going to take a look into this. I went and grabbed another one of these drives and I'm going to see if I can dump the firmware since they are starting to become obsolete now. The object is to dump the firmware by using a programmer and then try to crossflash it to another drive. If anyone is working on this or would like to help out please let me know.

#3 L-Burna

L-Burna

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 21 posts

Posted 27 April 2012 - 01:49 AM

So far I'm looking at the datasheet for the ESMT M12L64164A SDRAM chip and it looks like a 54 pin TSOP (Type II) adapter would be needed. I have the pin layout might start working on creating an adapter for it and then look into the media tech chips.

Note: This is going to take some time since I can't find any datasheets for the media tech chips.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users