• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 j0rpi

j0rpi

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 23 posts

Posted 16 July 2010 - 05:16 PM

I installed the DuoX2GS about a year ago and worked perfectly untill today. I was just playing a game and then it suddenly started to frag. I talked to my dad which has 20 years of electronic experience, and let him have a look at it, but couldn't see anything wrong, but he told me that it might have been a grounding issue. I know theres nothing wrong with the Xbox hardware since it boots to the dashboard normally. We have also checked the power supply and theres nothing wrong with that. One thing i should add is that the xbox starts by itself when the B0 wire is connected the the top left corner of the front panel buttons (Where it connects to the eject button so it starts to the dashboard instead of the duox2 bios) The bios switch has been in it's place since i installed the chip. So, you guys have any thoughts? I don't want my xbox to die on me allready... smile.gif

Many thanks if you find a solution for me smile.gif

#2 Heimdall

Heimdall

X-S Legend

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,749 posts
  • Xbox Version:v1.4
  • 360 version:v4.0 (jasper)

Posted 16 July 2010 - 06:50 PM

Your Dad is a person, so he's who, not which. tongue.gif

Do you mean BT, or D0?

Have you tried the other BIOS bank? If the chip is on a pinheader, have you tried removing and reseating the chip?

When you say "I know there's nothing wrong with the Xbox hardware since it boots to the dashboard normally", do you mean that it boots to your hacked dash normally, but then FRAGs when you run the game, or do you mean that when you boot with the chip off it boots to the MS Dash normally but frags when you boot with the chip on?

#3 j0rpi

j0rpi

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 23 posts

Posted 16 July 2010 - 08:39 PM

I meant BT, god it's such a long time ago since i installed it. I meant that it started normally when pressing eject (chip is off when pressing eject). It started fragging while i played a game, it kept fragging but started many restarts after, now it won't start at all with the chip (chip-off mode works normally). I can also note it's a PAL xbox, in NTSC mode since i use a component cable, and i never got it running after it fragged with the component cables, only the standard RCA / Scart. But it doesn't want to start now. Anyway, my dad is gonna desolder the chip and then solder it back in again. But i would glady appreciate more help, i will reply when we have tried getting it to work... smile.gif

EDIT: Im such a confusing person, by saying it doesn't start at all with the chip on, i mean it's fragging. smile.gif Also, i have tried both banks. First bank is EvoX_something and the second is xectutor (can't remember which - use it for XDK).

Edited by j0rpi, 16 July 2010 - 08:44 PM.

#4 Heimdall

Heimdall

X-S Legend

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,749 posts
  • Xbox Version:v1.4
  • 360 version:v4.0 (jasper)

Posted 16 July 2010 - 08:43 PM

Try the other BIOS bank before you start desoldering anything.

#5 j0rpi

j0rpi

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 23 posts

Posted 16 July 2010 - 10:19 PM

Well, we couldn't get it to work, so the chip has probably died on me. Xbox works perfect as it should though. This is the second DuoX2 that has died on me. And no store in sweden sells these anymore sadly. sad.gif

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users