12 replies to this topic

#1 TheRealPeppers

TheRealPeppers

X-S Senior Member

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 169 posts

Posted 16 July 2010 - 09:14 PM

I tryed getting a new hdd with xboxhdm_v1.9 for a soft-modded xbox but when I hook up the drive it wont work I opened e:/ndts/default.xbe I coped all the files out of the old hdd and put them into "xboxhdm/linux" and used evox to copy eeprom and put it in the eeprom folder and made the disk.

The one problem was I accidently used the disk that only has ndure installer first on it cuz I got them mixed up and then used the right one and it was able to read it and it seemed to go fine.

now the drive dose seem to be locked as my outher hardmodded xbox can no longer read it and in the soft one I get error code 5

So what in the hell do I do now?

Edited by TheRealPeppers, 16 July 2010 - 09:51 PM.

#2 xboxmods2977

xboxmods2977

X-S Freak

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,156 posts
  • Xbox Version:v1.0
  • 360 version:none

Posted 16 July 2010 - 10:30 PM

All you need to do is lock the hard drive. Error 5 is HD not locked.

Edited by xboxmods2977, 16 July 2010 - 10:38 PM.

#3 TheRealPeppers

TheRealPeppers

X-S Senior Member

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 169 posts

Posted 17 July 2010 - 12:20 AM

I know this is a dumb question but what would be the bet way to do that?

I pretty much just do hard mods and softs are extremely difficult for me and I hate them.

#4 ldotsfan

ldotsfan

X-S Messiah

• Dev/Contributor
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,100 posts
  • Xbox Version:v1.1
  • 360 version:unknown

Posted 17 July 2010 - 03:19 AM

With the right eeprom.bin and xboxhdm. You can cross-check the serial no embedded in the eeprom file against the serial no on the xbox back sticker with LiveInfo beta 3.

Edited by ldotsfan, 17 July 2010 - 03:19 AM.

#5 Darion3169

Darion3169

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 16 posts

Posted 17 July 2010 - 05:07 AM

your best bet is to use the xboxhdm disc you made and go to option #3 type unlockhd -a it will tell you its unlocked already, which you know, then reboot by typing reboot. Then when its loaded up to the menu again just press enter. pick option #6 generate hd key then write down the key and password, press enter to continue then 8 to quit, type reboot again. once rebooted to main option screen again pick option #3 again and type lockhd -a it will ask if you want to attempt to lock it tell it yes and press enter. When done quit the program and hook the hard drive back up to your xbox should be good to go.

Edited by Darion3169, 17 July 2010 - 05:09 AM.

#6 TheRealPeppers

TheRealPeppers

X-S Senior Member

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 169 posts

Posted 17 July 2010 - 05:28 AM

ook I'm a little dumb for not realizing I need to lock the drive separately but I have a less stupid problem now.

If would seen my monitor dose not display in the screen resalution option 3 displays in and if I try typin lockhd -a blind it dose not seem to work

editI guess I gatt type yes thanks Darion3169

Edited by TheRealPeppers, 17 July 2010 - 05:44 AM.

#7 TheRealPeppers

TheRealPeppers

X-S Senior Member

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 169 posts

Posted 17 July 2010 - 05:51 AM

yeah I'm unable to do it blind

#8 Darion3169

Darion3169

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 16 posts

Posted 17 July 2010 - 06:07 AM

can you adjust you monitor to be able to see the screen better? odd that you cant see it, its on the first menu that pops up. Option #3 boot linux with locking/unlocking utilities. to get to it blind just type 3 and press enter
But incase i misunderstood what you were meaning, and that you are able to pick option #3 but cant see the screen from there just move on to the next step. (Then when its loaded up to the menu again just press enter. pick option #6 generate hd key then write down the key and password, press enter to continue then 8 to quit, type reboot again. once rebooted to main option screen again pick option #3 again and type lockhd -a it will ask if you want to attempt to lock it tell it yes and press enter. When done quit the program and hook the hard drive back up to your xbox should be good to go.) But the problem is you need to get into option #3 to lock it.Also make sure the hard drive your using is lockable in the first place, http://xboxdrives.x-pec.com/?p=list

Edited by Darion3169, 17 July 2010 - 06:13 AM.

#9 Heimdall

Heimdall

X-S Legend

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,749 posts
  • Xbox Version:v1.4
  • 360 version:v4.0 (jasper)

Posted 17 July 2010 - 12:23 PM

You don't need to pick option 6 and write down the key and password, because it achieves nothing that will fix this problem, and it certainly doesn't make the screen magically display the correct resolution when you select option 3. Borrow a different monitor, then pick option 3, then type lockhd -a

#10 ldotsfan

ldotsfan

X-S Messiah

• Dev/Contributor
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,100 posts

Posted 17 July 2010 - 03:53 PM

In the \linux\isolinux folder of xboxhdm, edit option 3 of isolinux.cfg with an editor like notepad and remove vga=0x317 and save the file. Run make-iso-win.bat again to recreate the iso and burn it.

CODE

label 3
kernel /isolinux/lockImage
append initrd=initrd.gz load_ramdisk=1 prompt_ramdisk=0 ramdisk_size=24000 rw root=/dev/ram pci=biosirq

See if that helps with the display.

#11 TheRealPeppers

TheRealPeppers

X-S Senior Member

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 169 posts

Posted 18 July 2010 - 01:34 AM

nothin seems to be gettin that particular mode to display in a viewable way to me dispite every outher mode is useable for me.

so I am gonna have to ask what alternative tool would be recommended

Edited by TheRealPeppers, 18 July 2010 - 01:35 AM.

#12 ldotsfan

ldotsfan

X-S Messiah

• Dev/Contributor
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,100 posts

Posted 19 July 2010 - 09:36 AM

Zeroize the hdd key on both the chipped xbox and softmod xbox and make backups of eeproms to PC before you actually proceed. Lock the hdd on the chipped xbox and use it on the softmod console.

http://forums.xbox-s...&...t&p=4710209

#13 TheRealPeppers

TheRealPeppers

X-S Senior Member

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 169 posts

Posted 25 July 2010 - 11:29 AM

altamitly I got an old monitor to use the my troubles did not end there, for whatever reason the files copyed from the orginal hdd would not work so I took the backup the the C drive from E:\backup and made a non soft-modded hdd and then ran ndure to softmod it and then I locked the drive. that worked although this was a pain in the ass.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users