3 replies to this topic

#1 icyflamez

icyflamez

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 3 posts

Posted 17 July 2010 - 03:47 AM

i looked around and couldnt find anything like this so ill post it here

i got a xbox liteon flashed with 1.6 (idk the version of the liteon, i bought it in dec 2008, and it had a pre-nxe fw, but now it has the latest firmware). ive been using activate.iso to play newer games since ive been lazy/too poor to send it back to the guy who modded it to reflash. but anyways, ive been installing games to my usb stick (8gb) each game i play (including a wave5 game). but i havent been able to install bioshock 2.

ive burned two copies (both at 2.4x), both verify to 100% on the burned copy checker in agbx , but both games fail to install to the stick. my first copy installs up to 53% before it gives me the "check the disc for scratches and clean it" error, and the second copy to 50%. im out of dual layers. i am able to use activate+install left 4 dead 2, but not bs2.

this is really bugging me because i do not like playing off discs.

edit:
just a quick not, when it fails and i go back to the main dash, it thinks the game is a dvd (like activate was never used)

edit: also, maybe unrelated error.
lately my 360 drive has been freaking out. sometimes when i open it, it opens fully and closes a second later. if not then, itll be about 10-20 seconds later and it will close by itself. it started to do this suddenly, and also have not found any answers or similar events anywhere

Edited by icyflamez, 17 July 2010 - 03:53 AM.

#2 sonic2120

sonic2120

X-S Senior Member

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 299 posts
  • Xbox Version:v1.6b
  • 360 version:v4.0 (jasper)

Posted 17 July 2010 - 05:28 AM

I'd say maybe its your original disc but it doesn't seem apparent that you own it because you're concerned about installing "back ups." Maybe its your laser or a bad download.

#3 icyflamez

icyflamez

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 3 posts

Posted 17 July 2010 - 06:24 AM

QUOTE(sonic2120 @ Jul 17 2010, 12:28 AM) View Post

I'd say maybe its your original disc but it doesn't seem apparent that you own it because you're concerned about installing "back ups." Maybe its your laser or a bad download.

huh?
i actually have the original disc. ill try it when i get it back though (its at a friends house, ill pick it up today) and see if i can install it.

however
its still bugging me as to why i cannot install this without the original disc.

Edited by icyflamez, 17 July 2010 - 06:25 AM.

#4 icyflamez

icyflamez

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 3 posts

Posted 17 July 2010 - 08:12 AM

well i couldnt edit my last post, so i hate to double post but i see what you thought. i do not like putting my original discs in my 360 since my silent hill disc got messed up(this is before i could install to the usb stick) and came out with a big ringlike scratch rendering the game useless. its easier (and cheaper) to reburn (from a legit backup) than to rebuy. i try to use an original disc as little as possible, though ill make an execption this time.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users