• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 ParkerRocker

ParkerRocker

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 1 posts

Posted 18 July 2010 - 05:38 AM

I have had this problem once before. I have been using the UnleashX dash with XBMC for months now and have never had an issue with FTP connecting directly to the XBox. I just formatted my laptop and triple booted Ubuntu, Windows XP, and Windows 7. I have the XBox set up to use a DHCP IP. When I try to see the IP, it remains blank or all zeros. What is the problem? It obviously is something to do with my computer...

are there DHCP protocol updates? I know that the XBox won't generate in IP unless the box is connected to my computer when it boots.

I have tried static IPs and all the usual stuff.

Also, I am connecting via a regular ethernet cable, I know I should use a crossover, but I have never needed to.

#2 xboxmods2977

xboxmods2977

X-S Freak

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,156 posts
  • Xbox Version:v1.0
  • 360 version:none

Posted 18 July 2010 - 09:33 AM

Check and make sure the LED's on the xbox Ethernet port light up when your cable is plugged in.

If your xbox is connected directly to a PC, you need to use a crossover cable. The reason being is you won't get a connection at all using a network (straight through) cable.

When you say "I never had to use one before" it was either because you had a router in between the PC and xbox, or because you were in fact using a crossover cable and didn't know it.

Also, I would suggest assigning a static IP to your xbox. It makes troubleshooting problems with a network much easier.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users