51 replies to this topic

#1 truskillzz69

truskillzz69

X-S Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 125 posts

Posted 19 July 2010 - 02:32 AM

as i been looking at all the case mods it inspired me to do my elite(i'll put pics up later) but i haven't seen much of the newer 360 slims* so heres mine i finished about an hour ago.
IPB Image
IPB Image
IPB Image
IPB Image

#2 ozzylow

ozzylow

X-S Senior Member

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 260 posts

Posted 19 July 2010 - 02:57 AM

I would like to get one of the new ones to work on. Re paint it, i have not seen anyone try that yet.

The window looks nice on the one you have done. Nice improvement

#3 truskillzz69

truskillzz69

X-S Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 125 posts

Posted 19 July 2010 - 05:28 AM

thanks. id like to do the disk drive but dont wanna F it up and i'll probably cut out a tribal design or something to go on the plexiglass

#4 killer skittle

killer skittle

X-S Senior Member

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 245 posts
  • Xbox Version:v1.2
  • 360 version:v1 (xenon)

Posted 19 July 2010 - 05:48 AM

QUOTE(ozzylow @ Jul 19 2010, 02:57 AM) View Post

I would like to get one of the new ones to work on. Re paint it, i have not seen anyone try that yet.

The window looks nice on the one you have done. Nice improvement

Window could have used a little more time on the cut... poor xbox sad.gif and flush mounted plexi would have been bad ace!
but all in all my props go out to you for taking the plunge to mod the new 360s tongue.gif

#5 truskillzz69

truskillzz69

X-S Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 125 posts

Posted 19 July 2010 - 06:06 AM

QUOTE(killer skittle @ Jul 19 2010, 12:48 AM) View Post

Window could have used a little more time on the cut... poor xbox sad.gif and flush mounted plexi would have been bad ace!
but all in all my props go out to you for taking the plunge to mod the new 360s tongue.gif

i could pop it out clean it up and do the plexi like you said as i have tons of plexi. anyone know the best way to do the disk drive/where to get a spare just incase lol? and this is my 2nd time trying something like this and i guess you only learn by doin smile.gif

#6 NotHereForLong

NotHereForLong

X-S Young Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 34 posts
  • Interests:I am a Christian. I am 15. I enjoy playing video games, but don't currently have a working xbox...
  • Xbox Version:unk
  • 360 version:unknown

Posted 19 July 2010 - 06:48 AM

Wow I wasn't expecting anyone to start on the Kinects mods that fast....

#7 mgeno216

mgeno216

X-S Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 126 posts
  • 360 version:v3.0 (falcon)

Posted 19 July 2010 - 06:49 AM

I assume you are refering to putting a window in the drive. The disk drive is tough. The metal is alot thicker and stronger. If you have a dremel or something similar, get one of the carbide cutter bits, they work the best in my opinion. Well I am not sure, but aren't the disk drives in the slims the same a the ones in the regulars. You could try and buy extra DVD drive covers from the BST section here on this site. When I cut my first DVD drive window I messed up, so an extra isn't a bad idea.

I personally don't think flush-mount plexi-glass is worth the extra work, but that is personal preference. I would first clean up the main window and touch it up with alittle paint.

Mike

#8 truskillzz69

truskillzz69

X-S Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 125 posts

Posted 19 July 2010 - 02:36 PM

QUOTE(mgeno216 @ Jul 19 2010, 01:49 AM) View Post

I assume you are refering to putting a window in the drive. The disk drive is tough. The metal is alot thicker and stronger. If you have a dremel or something similar, get one of the carbide cutter bits, they work the best in my opinion. Well I am not sure, but aren't the disk drives in the slims the same a the ones in the regulars. You could try and buy extra DVD drive covers from the BST section here on this site. When I cut my first DVD drive window I messed up, so an extra isn't a bad idea.

I personally don't think flush-mount plexi-glass is worth the extra work, but that is personal preference. I would first clean up the main window and touch it up with alittle paint.

Mike

yea that's what I was refering to. And the disk drive is 16dsg(I believe I'm not near it to look) lite-on but is redesigned. I have the EZ-lock metal & plastic cutting blades for the dremel but I think I'm gonna have to wait for the drives to become available as I cannot find them. I agree I need to paint it and like the second poster said I also haven't seen one painted so I might just sand it all down and paint but I'm not a pro when it comes to painting lol but as for window modding these things there's not much wiggle room to wrk with as they built this thing tight fit. I'm thinking of doin a window the size of the hdd and a little window in the hdd but we will se how wrk goes and how tired I am.
Edit: I think I'll practice cutting a window on a few older drives b4 I get the nerve to do thenew one but thanks everyone (in my mind I feel like a pro at case modding and detail but I'm far from it but everyone here has taught me alot smile.gif )

#9 truskillzz69

truskillzz69

X-S Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 125 posts

Posted 19 July 2010 - 06:40 PM

so got home on my break and started working on the hdd. *first hdd mod on the new Slims* (far as i know) & yes i need to touch up the window and all but like i said im not the best but i learn as i go
IPB Image
IPB Image
IPB Image
IPB Image

Edited by truskillzz69, 19 July 2010 - 06:42 PM.

#10 hyfall381

hyfall381

X-S Expert

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 602 posts
  • Xbox Version:v1.0
  • 360 version:v1 (xenon)

Posted 20 July 2010 - 02:38 AM

might be the 'first hdd mod on 360 slims', and one of the fist 360 slim mods in general, but damn.. dont choose speed over neatness. we all learn as we go, but not over a lunch break. lol. i hope you shape it up and post more pics smile.gif

Edited by hyfall381, 20 July 2010 - 02:40 AM.

#11 truskillzz69

truskillzz69

X-S Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 125 posts

Posted 20 July 2010 - 03:03 AM

QUOTE(hyfall381 @ Jul 19 2010, 09:38 PM) View Post

might be the 'first hdd mod on 360 slims', and one of the fist 360 slim mods in general, but damn.. dont choose speed over neatness. we all learn as we go, but not over a lunch break. lol. i hope you shape it up and post more pics smile.gif

of course everything will be cleaned up smile.gif i just tend to do things when im tight on time but when its done it should look better. im planning on painting it, i have a nice lime green color but might need to change the leds except the hdd lights as they are already green. oh and i tried to do a practice plexi flush and found out its harder than what it seems dry.gif . but i'll keep at it thanks everyone

#12 ozzylow

ozzylow

X-S Senior Member

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 260 posts

Posted 20 July 2010 - 03:30 AM

QUOTE(truskillzz69 @ Jul 20 2010, 12:03 PM) View Post

of course everything will be cleaned up smile.gif i just tend to do things when im tight on time but when its done it should look better. im planning on painting it, i have a nice lime green color but might need to change the leds except the hdd lights as they are already green. oh and i tried to do a practice plexi flush and found out its harder than what it seems dry.gif . but i'll keep at it thanks everyone

Sure you want to be first to do all this, but honestly your wasting your time and expensive Xbox. Instead of rushing it finish each mod first. You got real good ideas though. Come up with something new.

#13 NotHereForLong

NotHereForLong

X-S Young Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 34 posts
  • Interests:I am a Christian. I am 15. I enjoy playing video games, but don't currently have a working xbox...
  • 360 version:unknown

Posted 20 July 2010 - 05:00 AM

hmmm... yea I agree with the other guys.... take your time!!!

I know I wouldn't have the nerve to mod a brand new Kinect...

#14 truskillzz69

truskillzz69

X-S Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 125 posts

Posted 20 July 2010 - 06:15 AM

QUOTE(ozzylow @ Jul 19 2010, 10:30 PM) View Post

Sure you want to be first to do all this, but honestly your wasting your time and expensive Xbox. Instead of rushing it finish each mod first. You got real good ideas though. Come up with something new.

i dont feel like im wasting my time or my xbox i have the money to get another if i wanted to but as i have 5 xbox 360s no need for the time being unless i f-it up, so money isn't a problem. this is just something i wanted to do to pass the time while I'm off wrk and dont have the wife naggin me lol its just somethin i find relaxin and productive. but i agree it looks like im rushing but im really not, kinda like a rough draft befor the final product.

Edited by truskillzz69, 20 July 2010 - 06:16 AM.

#15 light-of-jesus

light-of-jesus

X-S Senior Member

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 181 posts

Posted 20 July 2010 - 07:08 AM

QUOTE(truskillzz69 @ Jul 20 2010, 06:15 AM) View Post

i dont feel like im wasting my time or my xbox i have the money to get another if i wanted to but as i have 5 xbox 360s no need for the time being unless i f-it up, so money isn't a problem. this is just something i wanted to do to pass the time while I'm off wrk and dont have the wife naggin me lol its just somethin i find relaxin and productive. but i agree it looks like im rushing but im really not, kinda like a rough draft befor the final product.

When he said you were wasting your time and money, I think he meant if you are going to rush through mods especially and not finish one before moving onto the next, then you are wasting the money that you spent on the Xbox and the time modding it because you have a bunch of mods that don't look good because none of them are finished properly.

They are saying take your time, finish one part of the mod before moving onto the next.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users