gruntlord6

X-S Young Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 32 posts
  • Xbox Version:v1.6
  • 360 version:v3.0 (falcon)

Posted 20 July 2010 - 04:24 AM

Hi, I lost my old xbox, so I went and purchased a new one. I have a virgin 1.3 xbox. It wont be modded until I receive the USB cable in the mail. Im going to be using it for real time halo in halo 2 but this requires a debug IP address, which from what I understand needs a debug dashboard. How would I go about installing one? Im planning on using krazies Ndure SC Installer which I got from the usual places.

One other question, why are there two saves in the rar? SC save 1 and SC save2? Last time I only remember using 1.

#2 obcd

obcd

X-S Hacker

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,737 posts
  • Xbox Version:v1.0
  • 360 version:none

Posted 20 July 2010 - 09:40 AM

The Kingroach ndure Toolset creates a ndts folder on the E partition. It contains a version of the Unleashx dashboard used to tune your softmod. (I am unsure if the krazy ndure does the same thing.) The default.xbe in that folder is a version of the Phoenix Bios Loader. It loads a new BFM bios in your xbox ram. Before we had the nkpatcher, it was used in softmods to launch another (patched) bios. It can also launch a debug bios version.

If you have a debug recovery disk image, you can extract that iso with the Qwix program. It will show everything that is installed on the C and E partition of a debug xbox. Most of the stuff is the same on a retail xbox. You just need to ftp the missing parts to your xbox C and E partitions. They can coexist perfectly with the retail dash files.

With everything set up as expected, you can launch the pbl. It will load the debug bios, and that one will launch the debug dash. Mission completed.

A retail xbox only has 64 meg of memory while a debug one had 128 meg of memory.
I don't think that 64 meg is enough to run your game under the debug dash.

regards.

#3 gruntlord6

gruntlord6

X-S Young Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 32 posts
  • Xbox Version:v1.6
  • 360 version:v3.0 (falcon)

Posted 20 July 2010 - 03:18 PM

QUOTE(obcd @ Jul 20 2010, 02:40 AM) View Post

The Kingroach ndure Toolset creates a ndts folder on the E partition. It contains a version of the Unleashx dashboard used to tune your softmod. (I am unsure if the krazy ndure does the same thing.) The default.xbe in that folder is a version of the Phoenix Bios Loader. It loads a new BFM bios in your xbox ram. Before we had the nkpatcher, it was used in softmods to launch another (patched) bios. It can also launch a debug bios version.

If you have a debug recovery disk image, you can extract that iso with the Qwix program. It will show everything that is installed on the C and E partition of a debug xbox. Most of the stuff is the same on a retail xbox. You just need to ftp the missing parts to your xbox C and E partitions. They can coexist perfectly with the retail dash files.

With everything set up as expected, you can launch the pbl. It will load the debug bios, and that one will launch the debug dash. Mission completed.

A retail xbox only has 64 meg of memory while a debug one had 128 meg of memory.
I don't think that 64 meg is enough to run your game under the debug dash.

regards.

it is, its a requirement to run real time halo for halo 2, which is the reason im doing this.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users