Starkillercg

X-S Young Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 43 posts
  • Xbox Version:v1.1
  • 360 version:v4.0 (jasper)

Posted 21 July 2010 - 06:13 AM

is there any way we can have debian os as an application that we can launch from any dash in the xbox 360,cuz i remember i did this in the old black xbox i just extracted the iso and make a folder inside the xbox hdd and launched from there with xbmc, and now we can launch the games in our 360 from the hdd too just by using iso2god that's why i was asking if there is a way we can do this too in our 360's

#2 inspuration

inspuration

X-S Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 131 posts

Posted 21 July 2010 - 06:28 PM

QUOTE(Starkillercg @ Jul 21 2010, 06:13 AM) View Post

is there any way we can have debian os as an application that we can launch from any dash in the xbox 360,cuz i remember i did this in the old black xbox i just extracted the iso and make a folder inside the xbox hdd and launched from there with xbmc, and now we can launch the games in our 360 from the hdd too just by using iso2god that's why i was asking if there is a way we can do this too in our 360's

That would be awesome if it were possible but due to the way the xbox boots linux has to be loaded from xell. I guess it might be possible to create an app that reboots your xbox into linux, but I don't think what you are looking for is possible.

#3 Starkillercg

Starkillercg

X-S Young Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 43 posts
  • Xbox Version:v1.1
  • 360 version:v4.0 (jasper)

Posted 22 July 2010 - 04:57 AM

QUOTE(inspuration @ Jul 21 2010, 10:28 AM) View Post

That would be awesome if it were possible but due to the way the xbox boots linux has to be loaded from xell. I guess it might be possible to create an app that reboots your xbox into linux, but I don't think what you are looking for is possible.

well even if the xbox has to be rebooted by the app i wouldn't mind as long as it reboots into linux gentoo or debian rolleyes.gif

#4 jigglywiggly

jigglywiggly

X-S Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 85 posts

Posted 19 November 2010 - 04:57 AM

My xbox is setup differently. I just use freeboot, and I just turn the 360 off, and if I want to boot into xellous I just hit the eject button. Since I have the HD partioned as sda2, the xbox boots into that... and for 360 game saves I use a USB thumbdrive. Works great.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users