12 replies to this topic

#1 PredatorDuzWork

PredatorDuzWork

X-S Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 61 posts

Posted 23 July 2010 - 05:14 AM

I have the layerbreak set properly, and everything went through ABGX before and after burning. The drive is flashed properly. I have a brand new laser, that reads retails games just fine. The guy that replaced it said all his backups work fine(he uses Verbatim). My desktop burner: hp dvd-ram GH40L ATA

Here are my results for all my discs:
1st burn: Red Dead Redemption, worked fine, desktop burned, 2x
2nd burn: Bayonetta, worked fine for about one week until it stopped being recognized, desktop burned, 2x or 2.4x
3rd burn: Left 4 Dead 2, worked fine, desktop burned, 2x or 2.4x
4th burn: Left 4 Dead 2, red errors on ABGX(CRC), desktop burned, 2x or 2.4x
5th burn: Transformers: WFC, trouble being recognized, unreadable disks, works for about 2 minutes when recognized than gives unreadble disk, 2.4x
6th burn: Transformers: WFC, Open Tray, laptop burned, 4x

I use highly rated, well reviewed disks. They're Infiniti 360, some say they match up to Verbatims. They aren't working for me. Wtf. Will apperciate and +rep for help.
http://www.ck3.co.uk...-layer-dvd.html

#2 MadMaxGR

MadMaxGR

X-S Hacker

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,807 posts
  • Xbox Version:v1.6
  • 360 version:v4.0 (jasper)

Posted 23 July 2010 - 08:14 AM

Well, if you ask me.. anytime I tried to use other media than Verbatim, i was highly dissapointed by the results! So stop fooling aroudn with other media and use the best. The reviews on a site that sell the media are usually fakes. I rather prefer to have on hand experience myself.

Note: I just read it is CMC MAG D01... these are bad quality manufacturers. They do tuffdisc and other media. For PC use is fine, but not for xbox-360.

Edit: There is another part no of Infinity 360 discs made by RICOH Japan, but still they are poor quality for XBOX 360. Avoid these media brands for your consoles.

Edited by MadMaxGR, 23 July 2010 - 08:31 AM.

#3 digipimp75

digipimp75

X-S Senior Member

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 286 posts

Posted 23 July 2010 - 03:10 PM

I have a Hitachi drive, and use an LG burner. I used to use Verbatim media, but due to high cost I switched to a cheaper brand Optical Quantum (I think they're made by Vinpower Digital). A 50-pack is like $40 on Newegg, and they work flawlessly! The brand of media isn't always the answer. Of course, higher quality discs have better materials, but I don't care if these discs last forever.

#4 PredatorDuzWork

PredatorDuzWork

X-S Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 61 posts

Posted 23 July 2010 - 07:22 PM

QUOTE(MadMaxGR @ Jul 23 2010, 03:14 AM) View Post

Well, if you ask me.. anytime I tried to use other media than Verbatim, i was highly dissapointed by the results! So stop fooling aroudn with other media and use the best. The reviews on a site that sell the media are usually fakes. I rather prefer to have on hand experience myself.

Note: I just read it is CMC MAG D01... these are bad quality manufacturers. They do tuffdisc and other media. For PC use is fine, but not for xbox-360.

Edit: There is another part no of Infinity 360 discs made by RICOH Japan, but still they are poor quality for XBOX 360. Avoid these media brands for your consoles.

Disc Id on ImgBurn says: RICOHJPN-D01-67

#5 ranukano

ranukano

X-S Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 93 posts

Posted 23 July 2010 - 10:52 PM

Verbatim are good and so are Memorex DL as well. However i will say i have noticed trouble with the Liteon reading Memorex (father's machine) compared to my Benq drive reading the Memorex. Verbatim's are always good choices but the Memorex were on sale.

I did find that the Liteon read the Memorex fairly well with dirty disc error every so often, so i just installed the game to the HDD and decided to save some of the laser life. Worked fine for me but does pose the annoying issue of deleting and installing games to the HDD.

#6 Matzaklr

Matzaklr

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 15 posts

Posted 24 July 2010 - 04:09 AM

You cant go wrong with the Verbatim but I have also had a lot of sucess with the Memorex and the Sony DL. From reading your post though, I would say its a bad laser. I know that you said it works good on retail but I had the same story on a samsung drive. I replaced the drive with a spoofed Hitachi and never had a problem again. I don't know about those sammy drives, they seem a lil shotie to me. Anyway, stick with the Verbatims if you can, they are always your best bet.

#7 PredatorDuzWork

PredatorDuzWork

X-S Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 61 posts

Posted 24 July 2010 - 04:19 AM

QUOTE(Matzaklr @ Jul 23 2010, 11:09 PM) View Post

You cant go wrong with the Verbatim but I have also had a lot of sucess with the Memorex and the Sony DL. From reading your post though, I would say its a bad laser. I know that you said it works good on retail but I had the same story on a samsung drive. I replaced the drive with a spoofed Hitachi and never had a problem again. I don't know about those sammy drives, they seem a lil shotie to me. Anyway, stick with the Verbatims if you can, they are always your best bet.

The guy that replaced it says all his backups booted fine. One of my backups work fine as well. I was able to fully install to burned games, but one of the disks just stopped working.(Bayonetta). I have a Lite-On drive. So yea.

#8 PredatorDuzWork

PredatorDuzWork

X-S Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 61 posts

Posted 26 July 2010 - 04:33 AM

Verbatims aren't working either. The burned disks are all green in ABGX, but Open Tray on the xbox. What am I doing wrong here?

#9 Dark Mod

Dark Mod

X-S X-perience

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 489 posts
  • Interests:Electronic services and upgrades
  • Xbox Version:v1.6b
  • 360 version:v5.0 (360S - trinity)

Posted 26 July 2010 - 05:15 AM

QUOTE(PredatorDuzWork @ Jul 25 2010, 11:33 PM) View Post

Verbatims aren't working either. The burned disks are all green in ABGX, but Open Tray on the xbox. What am I doing wrong here?

try TDK DVD+R/DL, those work great for me personally and burn it at 4x with an LG burner this time and use clone cd burning software, you won't regret it.

#10 PredatorDuzWork

PredatorDuzWork

X-S Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 61 posts

Posted 26 July 2010 - 05:17 AM

QUOTE(Dark Mod @ Jul 26 2010, 12:15 AM) View Post

try TDK DVD+R/DL, those work great for me personally and burn it at 4x with an LG burner this time and use clone cd burning software, you won't regret it.

I'll tell you right now that I wont do that. Verbatim to TDK, just because they work for you? Thanx, but no thanx.

#11 K1Kingy

K1Kingy

X-S Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 130 posts

Posted 26 July 2010 - 06:37 AM

do you open and close the drive heaps? or just once?

I no with my hitachi drive sometimes it'll work first pop. Other times i have to open/close it for 5minutes before it'll finally work. Other times after trying for 5 minutes I have to switch the game over and wait for that one to load before putting in the original game.

#12 PredatorDuzWork

PredatorDuzWork

X-S Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 61 posts

Posted 26 July 2010 - 05:06 PM

QUOTE(K1Kingy @ Jul 26 2010, 01:37 AM) View Post

do you open and close the drive heaps? or just once?

I no with my hitachi drive sometimes it'll work first pop. Other times i have to open/close it for 5minutes before it'll finally work. Other times after trying for 5 minutes I have to switch the game over and wait for that one to load before putting in the original game.

Yea that doesn't work for me. That would be for the laser, my laser is fine. Something else is the problem.

#13 MadMaxGR

MadMaxGR

X-S Hacker

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,807 posts
  • Xbox Version:v1.6
  • 360 version:v4.0 (jasper)

Posted 27 July 2010 - 07:15 AM

Maybe you need a pot tweak. That happens even on brand new lasers.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users