5 replies to this topic

#1 Matzaklr

Matzaklr

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 15 posts

Posted 23 July 2010 - 02:41 PM

HI all,
So I bought yet another broken Xbox from Ebay with hopes of fixing it and giving it to a friend. I don't have any details from the seller yet (I sent an email) but this is what the situation is up to now.

1. Before I opened up the xbox I tested it, RRoD with E10 Error, no video, no sound
2. Opened up and found a shotie job done on the x-clamp fix, Falcon Motherboard so I removed it
3. Replaced X-Clamp on CPU and did a proper xclamp fix on the GPU - tested still 0022
4. Did a proper X-Clamp fix on the CPU - tested still 0022
5. Removed everything and did heat gun on top side only and performed inspection for bad traces, looks good
6. Reassembled with x-clamp fix for CPU and GPU - tested still 0022
7. Removed everything and performed heat gun on bottom, let it cool then heat gunned the top again
8. Reassembled with x-clamp fix for CPU and GPU - tested still 0022
9. Removed GPU heat-sink and installed credit card shims under GPU heat-sink - tested still 0022
10. Removed CPU heat-sink and installed credit card shims under CPU heat-sink - tested still 0022

Usually I can fix everything by the time I get to step 6, but this one has really stumped me. Anyone have any other ideas? At this point I don't know what to do.
Thanks in advance

#2 Matzaklr

Matzaklr

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 15 posts

Posted 24 July 2010 - 04:02 AM

I forgot to mention that it takes about 30sec for the three red lights to appear after the power has been switched on. During that time there is no audio or video. I have also started it up a few times with the controller sync button depressed to erase any error code that are being stored. Still having the same problem. Any help, anything?

#3 inspuration

inspuration

X-S Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 131 posts

Posted 24 July 2010 - 04:56 AM

QUOTE(Matzaklr @ Jul 24 2010, 04:02 AM) View Post

I forgot to mention that it takes about 30sec for the three red lights to appear after the power has been switched on. During that time there is no audio or video. I have also started it up a few times with the controller sync button depressed to erase any error code that are being stored. Still having the same problem. Any help, anything?

I have the exact same problem. My 0022 takes about 35 seconds to boot with no sound or video. I believe its a problem with the cpu (needs a reball). I have yet to test this theory out on mine though.

#4 Matzaklr

Matzaklr

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 15 posts

Posted 24 July 2010 - 04:43 PM

Reball? You think so? I'm hoping a re-flow at the most. Either way it looks like this one might be beyond me to fix and I will have to send it out for repairs. What chaps my hide a little though is I don't know if this console is banned or not since I haven't been able to get it to fire up for a test. I don't want to spend the money re-flowing it or re-balling if I'm not going to be able to use it online.

Anyone know if there is anything else I can do before I resort to sending it out for repair?
Thanks

#5 superfireball123

superfireball123

X-S X-perience

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 400 posts
  • Xbox Version:none
  • 360 version:v5.0 (360S - trinity)

Posted 25 July 2010 - 06:14 PM

I have known 0021 and 0022 to be overheating or in need of a reball (and sometimes a reflow). If you buy consoles from eBay I would suggest these error codes and these error codes only. E74, 0020, sometimes 0031, 0102, and 0110. Those can be reflowed and work.

#6 Matzaklr

Matzaklr

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 15 posts

Posted 26 July 2010 - 12:32 AM

Well now I have to get it reball no matter what since I was giveing it another heat gun try any while doing so my wife was giving me some grief which distracted me and caused me to cook the GPU enough to make solder squirt out one side. Now I know its beyond my repair ability and I have to send it out. Oh well, live and learn

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users