SandokTheSlayer

X-S Young Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 38 posts
  • Xbox Version:unk
  • 360 version:v4.0 (jasper)

Posted 24 July 2010 - 05:24 PM

At what temperature of the GPU or CPU or both does it start to cause the fans to speed up in a completly stock setup? Is it around 58c or so? Anybody know? Did they ever at all change the way the fans operate with any of the revisions? Are their temperature sensors on both the gpu and cpu?

And finally... Since I have the last version of the jasper they made, (one without extended heatpipe) is it necessary to perfom any cooling mods?? My xbox is in my basement where the temp is between 55-70F. The air out of the back of the xbox barely ever gets more than warm on gpu side. Cool air on cpu side. And the fans are pretty much always spinning at their lowest speed as far as I can tell. Am I fine? I'm very paranoid because this is my third xbox and I want this thing to keep on going.

#2 superfireball123

superfireball123

X-S X-perience

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 400 posts
  • Xbox Version:none
  • 360 version:v5.0 (360S - trinity)

Posted 25 July 2010 - 06:21 PM

I don't know what temp the fan speed go's higher but it sounds as if you are fine I have not seen many jasper red rings this mobo revision has been out since late 2008 and I have seen 3 of them red ring before ( they weren't mine they were random peoples). And I understand I bought my first 360 one and a half years ago and I have gone thorough 3 of them. My first 2 consoles were falcons and my current one is a jasper.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users