Photo

Original Xbox With A Wiped Hard Drive (bay Area Only Plz)

• Please log in to reply
10 replies to this topic

#1 .user.

.user.

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 12 posts

Posted 28 July 2010 - 11:57 PM

Hi, I soft-modded my original Xbox and it worked fine. I got a 360 so I was gonna sell it and decided to remove the softmod. I stupidly deleted all files on the hard drive through FTP lol. So the dashboard won't work, gives an Xbox error screen. It used to still play games but now it won't keep a disc in the tray. Other than that it's all perfectly fine. You should be able to get it fixed/working very easily. I forget what the methods are called but I'm sure you know them if you're on this forum.

I have a 8MB memory card, 2 Duke controllers, 2 MadCatz controllers, RF Adapter, and a taped together headset. I have the newer power supply with the reset buttons.

Here are the games I have:
NFL Fever 2002, Star Wars Battlefront, MX Superfly, Ghost Recon, 007 Nightfire, Tony Hawk 3 & 4, Need For Speed Underground, Splinter Cell 1, Madden 03 & 07, NHL 06 & 07

I'm looking to get $70 for all of this, if you don't want a lot of the extras, maybe we can work something out. Mostly just trying to get rid of it, honestly, but all this stuff was a lot of money when it was new (I know that doesn't mean anything in the world of electronics lol)

You must be in the Bay Area so we can meet in person.

I have pictures if you want me to email them to you.

Thanks

#2 .user.

.user.

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 12 posts

Posted 06 August 2010 - 02:20 AM

Well I changed my mind since no one seems to want this. If you're willing to buy everything I'll ship it and you don't have to be in the Bay Area. But I really want to get rid of everything so if you only want some things you still have to meet me in person.

#3 .user.

.user.

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 12 posts

Posted 16 August 2010 - 02:53 AM

Okay I'll give you everything for $50 if you're local. I just want to get rid of it all. Talk to me, what's wrong? Do you not want the extras? Cuz I'm sure there's plenty of people on here who know how to hotswap, so you could easily fix it.

Edited by .user., 16 August 2010 - 02:54 AM.

#4 lou19

lou19

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 16 posts

Posted 28 August 2010 - 01:59 AM

I live in the bay area and im interested..

#5 .user.

.user.

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 12 posts

Posted 31 August 2010 - 05:24 PM

QUOTE(lou19 @ Aug 27 2010, 05:59 PM) View Post

I live in the bay area and im interested..

Okay sent you a PM

#6 .user.

.user.

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 12 posts

Posted 20 June 2011 - 08:59 PM

Bumping this. Now I just want to get rid of it, so anyone in the bay area please come by and pick it up. Make me an offer, I'm willing to do around $40.

#7 andthen619

andthen619

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 2 posts

Posted 27 June 2011 - 05:44 PM

where is the bay area? I live in NYC and can pickup if close by

#8 .user.

.user.

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 12 posts

Posted 14 September 2011 - 05:14 AM

No one wants this? $30 if you pick it up

#9 Pulsemasta

Pulsemasta

X-S Expert

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 725 posts
  • Xbox Version:v1.1
  • 360 version:unknown

Posted 15 September 2011 - 05:11 AM

Did you try a boot disk to fix the dash? When I first got my Xbox I did the same thing, deleted one of the background music files and the dash wouldn't boot. But the boot disk still worked and I just replaced all the files.

Though if an error screen is coming up I would guess the problem is elsewhere. What is the error number?

Edited by Pulsemasta, 15 September 2011 - 05:12 AM.

#10 shambles1980

shambles1980

X-S Freak

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,092 posts
  • Xbox Version:v1.2
  • 360 version:v4.0 (jasper)

Posted 15 September 2011 - 05:39 AM

QUOTE(Pulsemasta @ Sep 15 2011, 05:11 AM) View Post

Did you try a boot disk to fix the dash? When I first got my Xbox I did the same thing, deleted one of the background music files and the dash wouldn't boot. But the boot disk still worked and I just replaced all the files.

Though if an error screen is coming up I would guess the problem is elsewhere. What is the error number?

from what he says i bet any money its error 12.
Hotswap or eeprom unlock to repair not difficult at all,

seller may want to state the size of the hard drive, If its stock drive most will want to upgrade it any way so not a real issue if the buyer has a eeprom reader, if its already upgraded a large enough hard disk would easily warrant buying/making a eeeprom reader.
A hotswap would also fix it but i hate seeing people do that.

Im in the uk so im not gonna be buying it. but i always like to view these kind of threads.

Edited by shambles1980, 15 September 2011 - 05:42 AM.

#11 .user.

.user.

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 12 posts

Posted 20 September 2011 - 09:19 PM

I can't remember what the error number was. A boot disk might work but doesn't your xbox need to be hard modded to read burned discs? I only softmodded mine and now it's gone since I wiped the entire hard drive.

And yes this is an extremely easy fix, just replace the hard drive. It is the stock hard drive so you will probably replace it anyway like shambles said

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users