#1 erarjorma

erarjorma

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 7 posts
  • Xbox Version:none
  • 360 version:v4.0 (jasper)

Posted 29 July 2010 - 12:01 AM

I was formatting my HDD and then my X360 froze in the middle of it. Now when I try to turn it on I get E75 and secondary code 1023.
That is when my DVD drive (Benq) is not connected. It has never done that before, even with the DVD drive disconnected.

With the drive connected I just get blank black screen, no sound, no red lights, and the controller would just blink 4 lights. It doesn't matter if the HDD is connected or not, it just does the same thing...

You can't possibly imagine how pissed off I am right now grr.gif , my warranty is void because I've opened the console (Jasper, Arcade, with a 203 watt PSU), painted it, and added leds, window and an extra fan. It has worked perfectly after that for a couple of months, though.

So, what the heck is going on and how to fix it? huh.gif Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated!

P.S. The console isn't JTAG'ed or software modded or anything, and neither is the DVD drive.

Edited by erarjorma, 29 July 2010 - 12:33 AM.

#2 erarjorma

erarjorma

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 7 posts

Posted 29 July 2010 - 04:12 AM

Do I have to try reflowing the GPU or the H ANA chip or what?
I'm not an expert on these but from what I can gather it seems like it.

Also, before it froze the fans got progressively louder, almost as if the system was overheating or something... Kind of unexpected if that was the case, considering the cooling I have on it now is definately better than it was originally. But on the other hand, the extra fan (80mm, 12v) is blowing air only on the CPU heatsink, not the GPU one.

OR is the inability to properly fire up caused by the crash that occured during the formatting? Could that have bricked the system?

Any thoughts..?

#3 MadMaxGR

MadMaxGR

X-S Hacker

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,807 posts
  • Xbox Version:v1.6

Posted 29 July 2010 - 07:39 AM

Maybe it sounds awkward, but it might be indeed an Ethernet problem! Check the ethernet (ICS) chip if the soldering is good or you see burns on the chip. Also check your ethernet connector. If you book with the ethernet plugged, try to boot without it. I am waiting for your results.

#4 erarjorma

erarjorma

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 7 posts

Posted 29 July 2010 - 03:55 PM

I tried booting with and without the ethernet cable. No go. dry.gif

Oh, and I don't see anything out of the ordinary on the ICS chip... don't know what's the story under the mobo though.

I'll take a look under the mobo once I get it out. First I'd have to remove some of the LEDs I've installed and their wiring. No big deal but I don't have a soldering iron at hand at this time. (Might take a couple of days before I do!) I'll keep you guys updated.

And thanks for the reply cool.gif

Edited by erarjorma, 29 July 2010 - 04:02 PM.

#5 MadMaxGR

MadMaxGR

X-S Hacker

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,807 posts
  • Xbox Version:v1.6

Posted 30 July 2010 - 07:35 AM

there is big chance the ICS chip is burned anyway. You will need a tester to confirm this. Maybe RDC (heis the electronics expert here) have a recommendation.

#6 erarjorma

erarjorma

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 7 posts

Posted 30 July 2010 - 12:46 PM

You will need a tester to confirm this.

Like a common multimeter? I have one at my disposal right now.
How do I test it then? If I have to have access to the underside of the mobo, as I said, I'll have to do it later...

Awaiting for RDC's (or anybody else's) "recommendation" happy.gif

#7 CaliXboxdude

CaliXboxdude

X-S Enthusiast

• XS-BANNED
  • 3 posts
  • Xbox Version:unk
  • 360 version:unknown

Posted 30 July 2010 - 08:21 PM

Hey man dunno if this will help but me and my buddy both had issues with our xbox and managed to fix them using this guide http://e044f8daldgiu...?tid=XBOXREPAIR The guy at a shop out my way was gonna charge us 50 a pice plus any parts, this way we payed $30 and if anything else goes wrong with it we can fix it ourselves.

Edited by CaliXboxdude, 30 July 2010 - 08:21 PM.

#8 erarjorma

erarjorma

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 7 posts

Posted 30 July 2010 - 09:02 PM

QUOTE(CaliXboxdude @ Jul 30 2010, 10:21 PM) View Post

Hey man dunno if this will help but me and my buddy both had issues with our xbox and managed to fix them using this guide http://e044f8daldgiu...?tid=XBOXREPAIR The guy at a shop out my way was gonna charge us 50 a pice plus any parts, this way we payed $30 and if anything else goes wrong with it we can fix it ourselves.

1) It doesn't even look all that believable. huh.gif
2) If it was real however, I don't think that it would be useful since I don't have any red lights (the webpage says "fix 2 or 3 red lights"). It would probably be just about the x clamp fix etc.

So thanks but no thanks. sleep.gif

#9 CaliXboxdude

CaliXboxdude

X-S Enthusiast

• XS-BANNED
  • 3 posts
  • Xbox Version:unk
  • 360 version:unknown

Posted 30 July 2010 - 09:25 PM

ahhh yeah its meant for the red light problems, I assumed thats what u had, my bad. It does work though, basically its a bunch of video tutorials on how to do the stuff the proffesional guys do to fix it. Good luck with your prob though hope you get it fixed!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users