Toshiba-samsung Dvd-rom (pal) And Us (ntsc) Games

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 lkvee

lkvee

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 6 posts
  • Interests:Golf, Reuse, Repair, more Golf.
  • Xbox Version:unk
  • 360 version:unknown

Posted 29 July 2010 - 06:46 AM

I have an XBox 360 Xenon. It was manufactured on 2005-12-20 and the previous owner seems to have successfully updated the system, as the new XBE loads up.

A little research indicates there's a Toshiba-Samsung DVD-ROM inside, and it's set for PAL. Genuine NTSC XBox and XBox 360 games will prompt this 360 to "Play DVD". Choosing to "Play DVD" failed to generate any picture on my LCD TV. Ejecting the disc will bring the user back to the XBE screen.

Will using Jungle Flasher enable me to play NTSC games on this console? I keep seeing the term Region-Free but I thought that only referred to the numerical regions (Region 1, Region 2, etc.). One alternative I'm considering is yanking a Benq DVD-ROM (NTSC) from another Xenon unit with blown capacitors, flashing it with Jungle Flasher and placing it inside this PAL unit.

Any thoughts?

Thanks for reading!

#2 MadMaxGR

MadMaxGR

X-S Hacker

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,803 posts
  • Xbox Version:v1.6
  • 360 version:v4.0 (jasper)

Posted 29 July 2010 - 07:42 AM

I think (I don't have NTSC games to try) that the iXtreme will make your xbox region free on gaming. But I am very sure that changing any drive.. won't change any region on your console. smile.gif

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users