tariqosuave

X-S Young Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 36 posts
  • Xbox Version:unk
  • 360 version:unknown

Posted 29 July 2010 - 07:01 PM

I'm sad because I just got a 3d tv and I have no media to watch on there... Comcast won't have anything for another 3 months... So I'm dying here. How do I watch a 3d movie on the xbox? Has anyone tried using Arcsoft total media w/3d plugin on the xbox 360 via windows extender?

#2 rewindnottm

rewindnottm

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 1 posts

Posted 11 September 2010 - 10:16 AM

QUOTE(tariqosuave @ Jul 29 2010, 07:01 PM) View Post

I'm sad because I just got a 3d tv and I have no media to watch on there... Comcast won't have anything for another 3 months... So I'm dying here. How do I watch a 3d movie on the xbox? Has anyone tried using Arcsoft total media w/3d plugin on the xbox 360 via windows extender?

Hi all.

before i continue this isnt a tutorial but an heads up (for any encoders out there who wants to create 3D content for the 360 now)

I've been looking at the concept of streaming 3d content from the PC to the 360 onto my 3d ready samsung TV.

I have discovered that you can run side by side 3d blu ray mkvs using media centre and Windows 7. the resolution maxs out at 1840x1080 on the xbox currently which is full HD but if the MKV shares the 1840 part resolution over the two images (video angles) its fine.

I have found three encoded 3d blu ray (or 3DBD) - Titans, Meatballs and Caroline already encoded with "half SBS" (side by side).

I have also discovered that some video has been encoded for a Panasonic 3d tv set up, that main difference bewteen the samsung and Panasonic glasses, is one starts the sync with the left eye and the other with the right eye (dont know which one is which). the simplest way of checking is to simply turn the glasses upside down and watch that way. so you dont look like a complete nutter you can[SIZE=2] go into the menu of a Samsung 3D TV and hit the "3D Picture Correction" button (or "Left/Right Swap" on a Panny 3D TV), the TV will shift the phase of its left/right broadcast.

I would guess that because you are not sending anymore information than a normal FULL HD to your xbox you could possibly get away with a 1.3 HDMI cable too.

Trust me this works, first you need to do is get MKV's running on your Xbox Media center via Windows 7, get some 3d content using half side by side (half SBS) and the TV of course.

Rewind

#3 tariqosuave

tariqosuave

X-S Young Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 36 posts
  • Xbox Version:unk
  • 360 version:unknown

Posted 07 November 2010 - 07:48 AM

QUOTE(rewindnottm @ Sep 11 2010, 10:16 AM) View Post

Hi all.

before i continue this isnt a tutorial but an heads up (for any encoders out there who wants to create 3D content for the 360 now)

I've been looking at the concept of streaming 3d content from the PC to the 360 onto my 3d ready samsung TV.

I have discovered that you can run side by side 3d blu ray mkvs using media centre and Windows 7. the resolution maxs out at 1840x1080 on the xbox currently which is full HD but if the MKV shares the 1840 part resolution over the two images (video angles) its fine.

I have found three encoded 3d blu ray (or 3DBD) - Titans, Meatballs and Caroline already encoded with "half SBS" (side by side).

I have also discovered that some video has been encoded for a Panasonic 3d tv set up, that main difference bewteen the samsung and Panasonic glasses, is one starts the sync with the left eye and the other with the right eye (dont know which one is which). the simplest way of checking is to simply turn the glasses upside down and watch that way. so you dont look like a complete nutter you can[SIZE=2] go into the menu of a Samsung 3D TV and hit the "3D Picture Correction" button (or "Left/Right Swap" on a Panny 3D TV), the TV will shift the phase of its left/right broadcast.

I would guess that because you are not sending anymore information than a normal FULL HD to your xbox you could possibly get away with a 1.3 HDMI cable too.

Trust me this works, first you need to do is get MKV's running on your Xbox Media center via Windows 7, get some 3d content using half side by side (half SBS) and the TV of course.

Rewind

Streaming doesn't work for my wireless network.

#4 Bearhug

Bearhug

X-S Senior Member

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 199 posts

Posted 19 November 2010 - 09:18 AM

Why not? Streaming works on all the wireless networks I've ever set up? As long as your getting on ok signal strength it shouldn't pose a problem.

#5 cwe

cwe

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 1 posts

Posted 28 April 2011 - 04:54 PM

Tried this last night using Windows Vista and couldn't get it playing sad.gif
Using PS3 media server for my PS3 did and has done for ages.

same source different players!

Must it be windows 7 to work with a 360 with 3d ????

Regards

#6 Juliane

Juliane

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 5 posts

Posted 25 July 2011 - 11:14 AM

From the technical standpoint, we are fully 3D capable. We have 3D games running today," he added. "I think right now we're unsure what level of interest there is from consumers to really want a 3D experience in the living room. Many, many years from now when it becomes a reality, we absolutely can support it, we do support it today. If developers want to make more 3D games, they can." muhaha.gif

#7 Juliane

Juliane

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 5 posts

Posted 25 July 2011 - 11:26 AM

I'm sure it will come as no surprise to anyone that a game called Attack of the Movies 3D is just as cheesy and low-budget as its title. muhaha.gif muhaha.gif muhaha.gif muhaha.gif muhaha.gif muhaha.gif muhaha.gif muhaha.gif muhaha.gif

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users