37 replies to this topic

#31 ketty_yijun

ketty_yijun

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 13 posts

Posted 15 November 2010 - 11:14 PM

QUOTE(Kiewee123 @ Jul 30 2010, 02:31 PM) View Post

So I came to this conclusion - the best way to be 100% safe, is to block all servers but those that the teamfsd updates come from. So I sniffed out their update server, realized it was on the same server their homepage is hosted on, and came up with the idea of using these commands in my linux based router (dd-wrt) for my firewall.

CODE
iptables -I FORWARD 1 -m mac --mac-source 00:22:48:00:00:00 -d teamfsd.com -j logaccept
iptables -I FORWARD 2 -m mac --mac-source 00:22:48:00:00:00 -j logdrop

This will 'drop' (block) all outgoing and incoming connections from/to your console's MAC address (much safter than using only LAN IP, this could for some reason change at any time whereas the MAC address will not) unless the server is teamfsd.com. It will also add the dropped/accepted results to your log so you can see just what is going on. This is although quite advance and you need an iptables compatible router (you'll need to ssh in). Bear in mind that FSD could start using a different server for its updates, but if this were to happen, I will re-sniff the new server and update you all here. Change your MAC accordingly.

I hope people understand the gravity of this issue.

K

i think this is the best solution so far. but how to make it permanent in the router and how to edit like if i want to play kai xlink, how to add it up.

#32 mechgamer123

mechgamer123

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 18 posts
  • Xbox Version:unk
  • 360 version:v1 (xenon)

Posted 18 February 2011 - 09:41 PM

sorry to gravedig here, but is there a list of domains that the xbox tries to connect to?
The reason i would like to know is so that I can plug in the domain names to opendns and have them automatically blocked.

#33 Magimaster

Magimaster

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 7 posts

Posted 06 May 2011 - 05:04 PM

Sorry if this is a stupid question but, is the newest version of Dashlaunch able to block any of this?

#34 x Yo1nK x

x Yo1nK x

X-S Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 63 posts
  • Xbox Version:unk
  • 360 version:v4.0 (jasper)

Posted 06 May 2011 - 07:46 PM

im sure dashlaunch doesn't block live in the least bit.
as long as you don't use your live profile on your hacked console
it's not gonna connect to live. besides even if you do connect chances are you
console is already banned.

#35 Magimaster

Magimaster

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 7 posts

Posted 07 May 2011 - 10:10 AM

QUOTE(x Yo1nK x @ May 7 2011, 03:46 AM) View Post

im sure dashlaunch doesn't block live in the least bit.

That is what I fear, but Dash_launch_v2.21 has this to say in it's read-me, among other things:

================================================================================
LIVEblocker
================================================================================
- if you are like me, and keep your consoles off the net then this option is
for you. It's capable of blocking the resolution of the LIVE specific
servers and does so by default, with an additional option in the ini file
it will attempt to block access to all MS servers. The default option is
set up to block only LIVE servers, which still allows programs like FSD to
access covers and such.

My question is, does anyone know if this "fixes" the issue exposed in this thread?

#36 firebuddie

firebuddie

X-S Young Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 58 posts

Posted 15 September 2011 - 02:06 PM

For what it's worth...I am another poor sucker reading this post too LATE!!!

I am not kidding when I say this was the first time I ever had the ethernet cable in my JTAG. I wanted to dapple with PS3 Media Server which I hear works pretty well with Xbox and streams just about anything out there. I was having some connection problems so stupidly went to dashboard connection test page.

I think I clicked Xbox Live Connection test instead of Network Connection test option. Before I knew it Ban - I swear it was less than 10 seconds! Yet I had used Family Settings to BLock Xbox live creation, Access to XBL, made sure no User Profile had a Live Account and all that jazz.

Not a biggee losing XBL on a JTAG just was surprised an annoyed the feckers ignored all my settings and went ahead with connection. Talk about covert M$ actions or what and they hammer us for not playing the game!!!! Fecking hypocrites.

Edited by firebuddie, 15 September 2011 - 02:08 PM.

#37 Morning Call

Morning Call

X-S Senior Member

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 229 posts

Posted 03 October 2011 - 10:56 PM

im unsure why you guys arent just blocking the ports xbl uses. they have always used the same ports since xb1 days.

#38 filter4ever

filter4ever

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 5 posts

Posted 01 May 2013 - 01:59 AM

Remove or bypass R6T3! Castrate the bitch. Make sure you have a good backup copy of your NAND.

http://forums.xbox-s...howtopic=706121
http://forums.xbox-s...howtopic=495800

One time my friend tried to update my JTAG, gave me an E80. Lucky for him (and me) I just reflashed the nand and it worked. Only time I ever purposely blow an EFuse is to update to 7371 to JTAG. Updating to 7371 will not change the CB, these are only patched if you sent your console back to M$, or bought one after 6/1/09 I think, as long as you use the right update!

Download here: http://www.mediafire.com/?zrugemuynvn
MD5: 8F8F8374C2C05028CD9F452A0E4D2757

$System_Update\su20076000_00000000
MD5: 703C32EB867A47F692C11FF0735E31B2

Download MD5 Checker here: http://download.cnet...u...23107&idl=n

I ALWAYS check the MD5, before I even think of updating my console before JTAG. One guy on this form downloaded a link someone made look like 7371, and updated it to 8955. What a dick? Also, in regards to the E-Fuses, bypassing R6T3 is always a good idea on JTAG/RGH because of a story I heard. Apparantely, someone made a virus for the XDK (Developer Console), that blew all the EFuses (including the CPU key) of this $1700 machine. I can't believe people would get joy out of doing such a thing, what assholes!

I still don't know what to bypass on slims, saw an R6T3 but for all I know it goes somewhere else. Any ideas?

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users