#1 cayotic

cayotic

X-S Senior Member

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 197 posts
  • Xbox Version:v1.0

Posted 29 July 2010 - 09:23 PM

I bought a limited edition mt dew xbox on ebay for $35 shipped. Cant complain since the DVD and PSU alone are worth that. Previous owner reported that xbox booted to xbl and not the default dash. So I thought I would hotswap a new stock dash prior to xbmc.

The problem is the xbox isn't unlocking the hdd. I powered up the xbox, disconnected the ide, connected it to my PC.

XboxHDM, ATApwd, and unlockx are all saying the drive is locked!!! ohmy.gif

I've never seen a scenario like this before and I've been inside 100+ xboxes to date.

I don't mess with modchips anymore but I got a friend that does. Just riddle me this; is my only chance at retrieving the eeprom from this bad boy via a modchip and a stock unlocked xbox hdd? I got some of them laying around.

If that is my only chance I'll go that route and stop beating my head against the wall! haha tongue.gif

#2 xboxmods2977

xboxmods2977

X-S Freak

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,156 posts
  • 360 version:none

Posted 30 July 2010 - 02:10 AM

Not sure what version the xbox is but yea, modchip, TSOP flash (v 1.0 -1.5), or build/buy an eeprom reader.

#3 cayotic

cayotic

X-S Senior Member

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 197 posts

Posted 30 July 2010 - 08:23 AM

unsure.gif

I couldn't help but notice your sig... You have an xbox with 128mb? I tried to do that once, had a buddy do it, fried 2 mobos in the process huh.gif

So, what do you notice different afterwords? I would think that emulation would be better and thats about all...

I did some research on eeprom readers, does anyone sell them? I don't want to spend a semester trying to build one. haha

#4 ldotsfan

ldotsfan

X-S Messiah

• Dev/Contributor
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,100 posts
  • Xbox Version:v1.1
  • 360 version:unknown

Posted 30 July 2010 - 02:20 PM

How exactly are you hotswapping? Or are you doing hotswapping? dry.gif

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users