#1 Batosai3591

Batosai3591

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 7 posts
  • Xbox Version:unk
  • 360 version:unknown

Posted 30 July 2010 - 03:49 AM

I spoofed my new 47dj drive as a 46dh and swapped keys so it'll run in my 46dh's xbox. Now that I have it spoofed, how to I flash it? Jungleflasher won't let me because it says it's already modded and checksum is set. And when I open it up in Firmware toolbox it tells me that it sees a lot of differences and could brick my drive if I do too many at one time and that I better know what I'm doing. Now I'm not new to flashing/modding xbox's but I have never had to flash a spoofed drive before and don't know what to do. What do?

Please only answer if you KNOW what to do. I JUST bought this drive and don't want to brick it.

Do I have to restore the 47 FW, because when I try to use restore in Jungleflasher it say's it can't open the file from the firmware folder. Why is this?

Edited by Batosai3591, 30 July 2010 - 04:29 AM.

#2 Batosai3591

Batosai3591

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 7 posts

Posted 30 July 2010 - 04:49 AM

ignore this post

Edited by Batosai3591, 30 July 2010 - 05:37 AM.

#3 brandogg

brandogg

X-S Messiah

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,091 posts
  • Xbox Version:v1.6
  • 360 version:v4.0 (jasper)

Posted 30 July 2010 - 05:03 AM

Edit - my bad, I messed some stuff up...I'll get back to you if no one else does, but it's a fairly simple process.

Edited by brandogg, 30 July 2010 - 05:05 AM.

#4 Batosai3591

Batosai3591

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 7 posts

Posted 30 July 2010 - 05:11 AM

My drive is spoofed as 46dh with stock FW... When I do what you say it says everything is already the same. The only difference listed is under the "Firmware:" part. The firmware of the drive is stock and won't go to ixtreme. I need to know how to put the Fw on my drive. When I "flash ixtreme" it says the checksum is already set and is normal for a modded drive but the only thing I've done to it is spoofed it. It still has stock FW. I cant do restore either because it says "can't open file" then the location and "orig47.bin".

Even when I rename the original FW from THIS drive to "orig47.bin" It says it can't open it.

Edit: K.

Edited by Batosai3591, 30 July 2010 - 05:11 AM.

#5 Ranger72

Ranger72

MOD GOD

• Head Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,805 posts

Posted 30 July 2010 - 05:21 AM

Yes you need to restore it first. Make sure you put the latest Hitachi firmware pack in the firmware folder first.

or if you wish to do it the easy way just unplug the circuit board from your bad drive that contains your drive key and plug it into the new drive replacing the one that came with that drive.

This will work without you having to do any firmware reading and flashing with no risk of a brick.

#6 Batosai3591

Batosai3591

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 7 posts

Posted 30 July 2010 - 05:27 AM

My 46 is bricked, lol. I have the Original Fw and key from it saved on my comp but I am trying to put all that on my new 47. I have spoofed the 47 as the 46 but it has stock FW. I am trying to figure out how to flash it with ixtreme.

Jungle flasher says it cant flash with ixtreme because checksum is already set, which is normal for modded drives... but when I read from drive it says its stock, but spoofed as the 46.

I didn't do "classic" anything so I don't think it's the problem that happens when you use classic and it appears as stock even if its flashed

#7 Batosai3591

Batosai3591

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 7 posts

Posted 30 July 2010 - 02:01 PM

I confirmed that it's no the "classic" problem. Drive plays originals in the 46dh's xbox but doesn't play back ups. Still need help on what to do. I am waiting for a reply before I continue, to ensure I don't brick this one.

#8 Batosai3591

Batosai3591

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 7 posts

Posted 30 July 2010 - 09:13 PM

Alright well after waiting almost a day dry.gif , I decided to just snoop around with FWtoolbox and JF ("jungle flasher" for those who don't know) to see what I could possibly do, without actually flashing or anything like that.

I came to the conclusion after much tinkering that I needed to somehow revert my drive to its original key and data and all that and go from there.

I went and got a original game, because you need one for FWtoolbox. Opened the 47's original fw in the main FWtoolbox window and used Direct Drive Flash - Differential Flash (RESTORE), closed tray, let it read 20 secs and clicked it... all went well so I clicked "Flash". All green.

Took the game out of the drive. Closed drive. Closed FWtoolbox.

Then since my drive was fully stock, I opened up JF and put the 47's key/info into some ixtreme 1.51 fw and put that new fw into JF's firmware folder and flashed the drive as a 47, even though I need a 46. FROM THERE, I took my 46's key/info and used the auto spoof function in the hitachi window to spoof it as a 46 so it would run in my current xbox. The drive is now fully spoofed and flashed successfully. Works great but a little weak so I may need to tweak the pot. Time to break out the multimeter again. laugh.gif

Thankyou to anyone who posted attempting to help.

Problem solved. cool.gif

May as well leave this up for anyone having similar problems.

#9 Ranger72

Ranger72

MOD GOD

• Head Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,805 posts

Posted 30 July 2010 - 10:28 PM

QUOTE(Batosai3591 @ Jul 30 2010, 04:13 PM) View Post

Alright well after waiting almost a day dry.gif , I decided to just snoop around with FWtoolbox and JF ("jungle flasher" for those who don't know) to see what I could possibly do, without actually flashing or anything like that.

I came to the conclusion after much tinkering that I needed to somehow revert my drive to its original key and data and all that and go from there.

I went and got a original game, because you need one for FWtoolbox. Opened the 47's original fw in the main FWtoolbox window and used Direct Drive Flash - Differential Flash (RESTORE), closed tray, let it read 20 secs and clicked it... all went well so I clicked "Flash". All green.

Took the game out of the drive. Closed drive. Closed FWtoolbox.

Then since my drive was fully stock, I opened up JF and put the 47's key/info into some ixtreme 1.51 fw and put that new fw into JF's firmware folder and flashed the drive as a 47, even though I need a 46. FROM THERE, I took my 46's key/info and used the auto spoof function in the hitachi window to spoof it as a 46 so it would run in my current xbox. The drive is now fully spoofed and flashed successfully. Works great but a little weak so I may need to tweak the pot. Time to break out the multimeter again. laugh.gif

Thankyou to anyone who posted attempting to help.

Problem solved. cool.gif

May as well leave this up for anyone having similar problems.

Glad you got it sorted out. But you could have done all that in Jungle Flasher. FWtoolbox has not been supported in almost 2 years.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users