Photo

Swap Liteon To Benq On A Jasper - Is This Possable?

• Please log in to reply
14 replies to this topic

#1 astrosaber3

astrosaber3

X-S Young Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 39 posts

Posted 30 July 2010 - 06:37 AM

Hey Guys, little help if possable.

My Japser 360 with a super quiet Benq DVD drive (VAD6038 - modded with iXtreme 1.61) just RROD - this unit is less then 1 year old - oh well....

Purchased a Japser 360 last summer as a backup. Here are it's specs:
DOB of hardware: June 2009
Hardware version A0A2
DVD firmware: 83850C (Liteon)
Dashboard 2.0.7363 (Feb 3, 2009)

Ok, now the RROD Jasper with the Benq DVD drive is extemely quite. I would like to use this Benq DVD from the RROD 360 in the new 360 that contains a Liteon drive. The liteon is kinda noisy compared to the older benq.

So is it still possable to use this older (but still super quiet) Benq drive in this new 360 that contains a liteon drive?

Thanks a million guys.

#2 ImRickJamesB1tch

ImRickJamesB1tch

X-S X-perience

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 492 posts
  • Xbox Version:none
  • 360 version:v4.0 (jasper)

Posted 30 July 2010 - 08:26 AM

Yes you can. Just inject the key from the liteon into the LiteTouch firmware for the Benq and you good to go.

Also since the MFR date is June 2009 it will be a Liteon 83850c V1, which means you don't need any special tools to get the key, just a sata connection and JungleFlasher smile.gif Read their guide....

PS: Console looks to be jtaggable as well smile.gif

#3 astrosaber3

astrosaber3

X-S Young Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 39 posts

Posted 30 July 2010 - 08:27 PM

QUOTE(ImRickJamesB1tch @ Jul 30 2010, 08:26 AM) View Post

Yes you can. Just inject the key from the liteon into the LiteTouch firmware for the Benq and you good to go.

Also since the MFR date is June 2009 it will be a Liteon 83850c V1, which means you don't need any special tools to get the key, just a sata connection and JungleFlasher smile.gif Read their guide....

PS: Console looks to be jtaggable as well smile.gif

Excellent!

OK, I've done 4-5 Benq's along with a few other earlier drives using DOS tools. I'm still a newb IMHO

Do I need to "spoof" the Benq? OR can I just inject the Liton key into Benq firmware? I can not remember if the 360 needs drive "spoofing" anymore.

Thanks

#4 ImRickJamesB1tch

ImRickJamesB1tch

X-S X-perience

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 492 posts

Posted 30 July 2010 - 08:44 PM

If you going to be using LT (Lite Touch), spoofing is no longer supported. Just inject the key from the liteon into the benq LT firmware and flash that to your console. Use Jungle Flasher V0.1.75 beta (152). Get it from the usual places or http://jungleflasher.../downloads.html

Also download the "JungleFlasher Tutorial" on that same download page. It will explain how to get the key for a Liteon 84850c V1.

Good luck smile.gif

#5 iateshaggy

iateshaggy

X-S Hacker

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,514 posts
  • Xbox Version:v1.6

Posted 31 July 2010 - 12:24 AM

fyi, if you have a jtaggable jasper, they sell for 350 on auction sites. if you don't plan on jtagging it, you should trade it for a brand new 360, there are more than enough people that will make that deal and sweeten the pot for ya.

#6 Dark Mod

Dark Mod

X-S X-perience

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 488 posts
  • Interests:Electronic services and upgrades
  • Xbox Version:v1.6b
  • 360 version:v5.0 (360S - trinity)

Posted 31 July 2010 - 01:33 AM

QUOTE(ImRickJamesB1tch @ Jul 30 2010, 03:44 PM) View Post

If you going to be using LT (Lite Touch), spoofing is no longer supported. Just inject the key from the liteon into the benq LT firmware and flash that to your console. Use Jungle Flasher V0.1.75 beta (152). Get it from the usual places or http://jungleflasher.../downloads.html

Also download the "JungleFlasher Tutorial" on that same download page. It will explain how to get the key for a Liteon 84850c V1.

Good luck smile.gif

Umm...that won't work, the 360 will accept the drive but won't read originals neither backups because the identification of the benq drive will reject from the 360 that contains liteon 83xxxx identification.
He should use ixtreme 1.61 to spoof the benq identity as a liteon instead.

#7 ImRickJamesB1tch

ImRickJamesB1tch

X-S X-perience

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 492 posts

Posted 31 July 2010 - 07:35 AM

Sorry astrosaber3 I think Dark Mod may be right beerchug.gif

1. Get the Dummy.bin, Identify.bin, Key.bin, Serial.bin from the Liteon drive (explained in the JF Tutorial)
2. Download iXtreme 1.61 for Benq,
3. Goto the "Firmware Tool32" tab in JungleFlasher. Open "source" and select Dummy.bin, "Target" select BenQ iXtreme
4. Click spoof source to target and it will inject the key and identification data and other shit into the BenQ ixtreme firmware.
5. Write that firmware to the benq.

Just be very careful when going on live, i've been reading a lot about spoofing causing live bans.

#8 astrosaber3

astrosaber3

X-S Young Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 39 posts

Posted 01 August 2010 - 03:10 AM

Hey guys, thanks for all the feedback. I really appreciate you taking the time to help me out.

Now the million dollar question. Is is possible to use a RROD 360 just to flash the DVD drive? Basically just using the RROD 360 as a DVD power supply for flashing?

I don't use LIVE, so I'm not concerned about banning.

Edited by astrosaber3, 01 August 2010 - 03:29 AM.

#9 ImRickJamesB1tch

ImRickJamesB1tch

X-S X-perience

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 492 posts

Posted 01 August 2010 - 08:55 AM

Yeah you can. Don't see why it wouldn't work if you only need the power smile.gif Plug it in and see if the drive ejects...If it does then it will work smile.gif

So 1 power cable from rrod xbox360 and sata cable from your pc...

#10 dangerouseddy

dangerouseddy

X-S Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 135 posts

Posted 03 August 2010 - 03:20 PM

QUOTE(ImRickJamesB1tch @ Jul 30 2010, 08:44 PM) View Post

Good luck smile.gif

well i spoofed my benq as a liteon, and jungleflasher let me do it with ix lt 1.2 . had to do it cos i successfully read the firmware from the liteon and flashed it ok but put the power cable in the wrong way round when i put the drive back together.

the benq works fine and loads originals and backups fine.

#11 Dark Mod

Dark Mod

X-S X-perience

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 488 posts

Posted 03 August 2010 - 03:22 PM

QUOTE(dangerouseddy @ Aug 3 2010, 10:20 AM) View Post

well i spoofed my benq as a liteon, and jungleflasher let me do it with ix lt 1.2 . had to do it cos i successfully read the firmware from the liteon and flashed it ok but put the power cable in the wrong way round when i put the drive back together.
the benq works fine and loads originals and backups fine.

Umm...I tried spoofing LT and it didn't work from liteon to benq that is.
How is that possible?
Please explain.

#12 dangerouseddy

dangerouseddy

X-S Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 135 posts

Posted 03 August 2010 - 03:27 PM

i used jungle flasher 0.1.75b just loaded the liteon as the source firmware in firmwaretool32 and benq ix lt 1.2 as the destination firmware. then i clicked the spoof source to target button.

#13 Dark Mod

Dark Mod

X-S X-perience

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 488 posts

Posted 03 August 2010 - 03:31 PM

QUOTE(dangerouseddy @ Aug 3 2010, 10:27 AM) View Post

i used jungle flasher 0.1.75b just loaded the liteon as the source firmware in firmwaretool32 and benq ix lt 1.2 as the destination firmware. then i clicked the spoof source to target button.

yes I know that, but even though jungleflasher says in bold and in brackets that it got spoofed as a liteon, putting the "spoofed" drive back into the console and testing it, she won't even budge in reading an original or a backup.
After I used ixtreme 1.61 and spoofed it, she played everything.

#14 dangerouseddy

dangerouseddy

X-S Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 135 posts

Posted 03 August 2010 - 03:39 PM

i dunno i could have sworn i flashed it with the ix lt 1.2 firmware oh well so long as it works. after looking at the saved firmware files seems i flashed it with iX 1.41 R2 - 12x.Non-Stealth, sorry.

#15 astrosaber3

astrosaber3

X-S Young Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 39 posts

Posted 17 August 2010 - 09:56 AM

QUOTE(dangerouseddy @ Aug 3 2010, 03:39 PM) View Post

i dunno i could have sworn i flashed it with the ix lt 1.2 firmware oh well so long as it works. after looking at the saved firmware files seems i flashed it with iX 1.41 R2 - 12x.Non-Stealth, sorry.

Somewhere in the JF pdf, it mentions that a liteOn LT firmware can not be spoofed to another drive such as a benq.

I spoofed the liton 8385 to a Benq and used ix 1.61. All is working great. I never go online, so I'm not concerned about detection.

Thanks for al the help guys

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users