5 replies to this topic

#1 Nuxtux

Nuxtux

X-S Young Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 34 posts

Posted 30 July 2010 - 10:15 AM

Looking to do jtag for the first time, I got two falcons I just bought at my local store. What are the best dashboards. I heard that freestyle and freeboot are the best. Looking to use XBLA games, NES/SNES emus, Xbox 360 games, xbox 1 games.

If I can't have it all in one then look for XBLA games, xbox 360 games.

Also what are the best falcon points. I heard some people using the ROL point and having problems. What are the better points.

#2 Aldanga

Aldanga

X-S Hacker

• Head Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,722 posts
  • Interests:Hardware,software,coding,algorithms, troubleshooting, tinkering with anything I can get my hands on.
  • Xbox Version:none
  • 360 version:v5.0 (360S - trinity)

Posted 30 July 2010 - 12:54 PM

IPB Image

That's probably the most common for wire points. It includes both flasher and Xbox wiring diagram, so don't let it confuse you. These are the points I've used in the past. You might want to look into the aud_clamp fix, but it's not a necessity for having a functioning console.

As for custom dashboards, there are several, but freeBOOT is not one of them. freeBOOT is a rebooter that boots to a modified kernel, which you will be requiring. For the actual dashes, there is FreeStyleDash (1.2 and 2.0a), Emerald, Ingenioux, as well as some others I can't remember off of the top of my head.

A lot of people use NXE and a lot use FSD 2.0a. FSD 2.0a, as compared to NXE, is the better for easily accessing emulators, XBLA, etc. I use NXE myself, but that's just because FSD 2.0a occasionally gives me problems. However, given that FSD 2.0 is still in alpha, that's to be expected.

#3 inspuration

inspuration

X-S Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 131 posts

Posted 30 July 2010 - 02:20 PM

Yeah make sure that you create a dashlaunch patched freeboot image so you can boot into your other dashboards by holding down buttons as the xbox boots.

#4 Nuxtux

Nuxtux

X-S Young Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 34 posts

Posted 30 July 2010 - 03:50 PM

So what is the best processes when jtagging my console? Are there other rebooters or is freeboot the only one. As for the dashboards, FreeStyleDash, Emerald and Ingenioux which one the best for what I would like to use. I got a USB SPI and it seems to read the nand just fine.

I heard that Freeboot + freestyle is what you do. i.e its like jailbreaking the Iphone when its done it places an icon on the desktop "Cyrilla"(freestyle) so you can run ISOs/XBLA games. Freeboot is the main dashboard and freestyle is a sub dash that organizes your ISO/XBLA games.

#5 inspuration

inspuration

X-S Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 131 posts

Posted 30 July 2010 - 04:15 PM

QUOTE(Nuxtux @ Jul 30 2010, 03:50 PM) View Post

So what is the best processes when jtagging my console? Are there other rebooters or is freeboot the only one. As for the dashboards, FreeStyleDash, Emerald and Ingenioux which one the best for what I would like to use. I got a USB SPI and it seems to read the nand just fine.

I heard that Freeboot + freestyle is what you do. i.e its like jailbreaking the Iphone when its done it places an icon on the desktop "Cyrilla"(freestyle) so you can run ISOs/XBLA games. Freeboot is the main dashboard and freestyle is a sub dash that organizes your ISO/XBLA games.

Use freeboot toolbox. All you need to have is your cpukey. It automates everything else.

#6 Aldanga

Aldanga

X-S Hacker

• Head Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,722 posts
  • Interests:Hardware,software,coding,algorithms, troubleshooting, tinkering with anything I can get my hands on.
  • Xbox Version:none
  • 360 version:v5.0 (360S - trinity)

Posted 30 July 2010 - 04:23 PM

There is XBR, but it was only updated to dash 8955, and is thus outdated. freeBOOT is what you want to go for. freeBOOT Toolbox is quite convenient for the newb if you prefer that route. Either way, there are a ton of guides around if you look in the hacking forums under the kernel subforum (which is where this topic probably should have gone in the first place, if not Newbie Chat).

FSD is the most mature replacement dash right now. Emerald and Ingenioux are technically in beta, but I don't think they've had as much time put into them as FSD, which is much more polished. The only way to know for sure which you should use is to try them out. You'll probably know instantly whether you like one over the others.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users