• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 rickbravo

rickbravo

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 4 posts

Posted 31 July 2010 - 05:21 AM

hey yall. i dropped an x2 chip in my xbox back in 06(?) i think and enjoyed a couple of years running emulators and schooling all the homies at our childhood favorites. my ethernet jack busted off the mobo in 08 and i filed this beauty away. i took it back out last night when the girl i'm currently trying to bang told me her favorite game growing up was 'back 2 the future' on nes. i was thinking i was all sweet when i pulled it out of the closet and plugged it in, evox booted but my dashboard menu selections for emulators, copy dvd to hdd, and basically anything involving the hdd were red and skipped over by the selection bar. didn't dodge bee swarms or beer bottles in b2f on nes and didnt get laid in real life either sad.gif
at this point i couldn't care less about the girl (although she is a catch, obviously), but i wanna get this bitch running strong again. any ideas?
i've toggled every possible combo on the x2 4 prong control board, fucked with the slave and master stuff on the dvd and hdd, but nothing seems to work. the hdd spins and obviously boots up fine, i can change the background the evox dash (christina aguilera floating in the inner tube fuck yes forgot about that picture) so it cant be too dead.
its been forrrrreeeever since i f'd with any of this stuff, plus its definitely out of date and obsolete so i dont even know where to start. any ideas boys?
ps please dont delete cross posts, mods. i don't know where to put this.

#2 Bomb Bloke

Bomb Bloke

X-S Transcendental

• Head Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,567 posts
  • Xbox Version:v1.0
  • 360 version:none

Posted 31 July 2010 - 06:43 AM

The EvoX dash will "skip over" any menu options that don't link to a "real" file on your hard drive (to my understanding, anyway - never really used that dash, as it's rather limiting). A good starting point would be to take a look at what's actually on the HDD, and since you can't do that via FTP (the only file management system EvoX offers), you'll need to get it booting some other dash (eg UnleashX or XBMC).

Assuming you don't already have one of those installed, you can load them from disc. Auto Installer Deluxe (AID) boots to UnleashX, or you could use Qwix to turn a folder containing UnleashX to an X-Box compatible ISO ready for burning.

Has the HDD of this machine ever been upgraded, and if so, how large is it supposed to be?

#3 rickbravo

rickbravo

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 4 posts

Posted 31 July 2010 - 08:28 PM

good call... i was moving towards that conclusion. the hdd is upgraded... its a 200gig seagate. thanks mate.

#4 obcd

obcd

X-S Hacker

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,737 posts
  • Xbox Version:v1.0
  • 360 version:none

Posted 01 August 2010 - 02:37 PM

And no matter hom much you want to get l**d, stay away from four letter words or you will be banned on this forum for a while until you know how to use a more decent language.

regards.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users