Ndure Splinter Cell Exploit 1.1

• Please log in to reply
22 replies to this topic

#1 Vigilant Agent

Vigilant Agent

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 15 posts
  • Interests:Xbox, Xbox 360, Any kindof gaming in general really.
  • Xbox Version:v1.6
  • 360 version:unknown

Posted 31 July 2010 - 05:23 PM

Hi, I am planning on attempting the Ndure Splinter Cell Exploit via Action Replay and a Microsoft Memory Card in about 3 days (Or once the stuff I order arrives) on my Original Xbox v1.6/5838. I have previously modded my PS2, PSP and Nintendo DS, however upon the suggestion of a friend I have decided to get more into the Classic Xbox Homebrew scene aswell.

I have read many Tutorials online which talk about this Exploit in great detail/length and I believe I am ready to attempt it, however I am posting this thread to be sure of a few general things which I feel I should get answered before attempting to softmod the Xbox.

Things I need to know
#1. Will the Ndure 1.1 installation via action replay a memory card and Splinter Cell method work 100% on a Kernel 5838 with a Dash of 5960?
#2. What would be the best softmod via Action Replay and MC tutorial to follow, seeing as how I have a v1.6 Xbox?
#3. Would this tutorial work for me?
#4. Are there currently any limitations to having a v1.6? (I know about the Linux overscan problem, but I have read on a few sites that having an HDTV can fix this, so I'm not worried to much about it.)
#5. What is the best dashboard currently for a modded Xbox?

Thank you for taking the time to read this and I appreciate any help anyone can give me, the reason I asked if this method will work for a 5838 Kernel is because I have seen some who say it won't work at all. Yet I have also read elsewhere that it works perfectly...So, that confused me a little and I decided I'd be better off finding out if this method of softmodding would work on a v1.6 Kernel 5838 or not before attempting the Actual Softmod.

Edited by Vigilant Agent, 31 July 2010 - 06:14 PM.

#2 ldotsfan

ldotsfan

X-S Messiah

• Dev/Contributor
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,100 posts
  • Xbox Version:v1.1

Posted 01 August 2010 - 04:01 AM

1. Ndure works with all kernel versions.
2. The tutorial is in the pinned topic: http://forums.xbox-s...p;#entry4146066
3. No VGA or RAM upgrade or tsop flash for 1.6.
4. XBMC.

#3 Vigilant Agent

Vigilant Agent

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 15 posts

Posted 01 August 2010 - 04:43 AM

Thank you so much for the reply as you have put my mind at ease, and the tutorial you provided seems to be more easier to follow than the one I posted...Again thanks for the response! It is greatly appreciated, now all thats left is the wait to order the stuff I need.

Just out of curiousity though, what's a Tsop Flash exactly? I have heard of it but hadn't really looked into it.

Edit: I'm not able to use Xplorer360 on my version of Windows, isn't it possible for me to use Action Replay and the Memory Card Writer to move the saves?

Edited by Vigilant Agent, 01 August 2010 - 04:48 AM.

#4 ldotsfan

ldotsfan

X-S Messiah

• Dev/Contributor
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,100 posts

Posted 01 August 2010 - 05:01 AM

Quoted from http://wiki-scene.com/Xbox

Tsop flash:

This process replaces the onboard BIOS (stored in the TSOP) completely, so that the system will ALWAYS use a modified copy from the instant it's powered up. This means the system security is rendered moot - regardless what happens to the files on the hard drive, all future issues can be easily repaired with an boot disc such as Slayers or AID.

A system must be softmodded prior to performing a TSOP flash and this mod is only compatible with pre-1.6 consoles. You will need to open the Xbox and bridge solder points (either using a soldering iron or a conductive pen).

Which version of Windows? Vista/Win7? Disable UAC at least temporarily. Google for the procedure if you are not certain.

#5 Vigilant Agent

Vigilant Agent

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 15 posts

Posted 01 August 2010 - 05:15 AM

I am still running Windows 98 which Xplorer360 won't work on, so it isn't possible to use Action Replay and it's memory writer?

#6 ldotsfan

ldotsfan

X-S Messiah

• Dev/Contributor
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,100 posts

Posted 01 August 2010 - 05:19 AM

Certain versions of AR are known to corrupt the gamesave but you won't know until you try it.

There's an even older tutorial somewhere to transfer the gamesave if AR doesn't work out for you which uses Linux.
http://forums.xbox-s...howtopic=348096

Edited by ldotsfan, 01 August 2010 - 05:22 AM.

#7 Vigilant Agent

Vigilant Agent

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 15 posts

Posted 01 August 2010 - 05:24 AM

I thought it was suppose to work ok as long as an official Microsoft Memory Card was used?

And I can't use the Linux way either as I don't have a CD Burner. (Ateast I think that is required.)

Edited by Vigilant Agent, 01 August 2010 - 05:26 AM.

#8 GISJason

GISJason

X-S Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 84 posts
  • Interests:Hacking anything w/ a TSOP....<br /><br />Modems, Xboxs, 360s, Etc.....
  • Xbox Version:v1.0
  • 360 version:v4.0 (jasper)

Posted 01 August 2010 - 11:30 PM

It's better and easier to just toss on a small exploit package with EvoX ( i use the SC raincoat tsop flash exploit package) in it or whatever fits on 1 memory card unit then boot SC and get to the EvoX dashboard and then FTP over the Ndure gamesave files into E:\UDATA replacing the gamesave you just copied to the Harddrive via Memory card then reboot and run SC again and Ndure should be ready to install!

#9 Vigilant Agent

Vigilant Agent

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 15 posts

Posted 01 August 2010 - 11:58 PM

QUOTE(GISJason @ Aug 1 2010, 06:30 PM) View Post

It's better and easier to just toss on a small exploit package with EvoX ( i use the SC raincoat tsop flash exploit package) in it or whatever fits on 1 memory card unit then boot SC and get to the EvoX dashboard and then FTP over the Ndure gamesave files into E:\UDATA replacing the gamesave you just copied to the Harddrive via Memory card then reboot and run SC again and Ndure should be ready to install!

Would that work with a v1.6 Xbox as that is what I have. (K: 5838 D: 5960)

#10 xman954

xman954

X-S Messiah

• Dev/Contributor
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,028 posts
  • Xbox Version:v1.0
  • 360 version:v1 (xenon)

Posted 02 August 2010 - 02:22 AM

Would that work with a v1.6 Xbox as that is what I have. (K: 5838 D: 5960)
YES works with any version

as long as the small gamesave works and you can FTP (thats the way i softmod all xbox's using a pre-made C:\)

#11 Vigilant Agent

Vigilant Agent

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 15 posts

Posted 02 August 2010 - 04:03 AM

Cool, thank you guys for being so helpful and bearing with me through all my questions. One more question though, which small gamesave would be the best to use with an unmodded Kernel 5838 Xbox v1.6?

Also, I already have a free FTP Program which works for Windows 98. So as far as that aspect goes I am ready to go in the FTPing department, just gotta wait until I purchase the Action Replay, Microsoft Memory Card and Splinter Cell in order to actually perform the softmod.

I really do appreciate you guys helping me with my questions, I had done extensive research before I even thought about attempting the softmod, however these few questions were ones that I felt I needed answered before I got ready to try modding the Xbox as I didn't want to do something to mess it up.

Edited by Vigilant Agent, 02 August 2010 - 04:37 AM.

#12 ldotsfan

ldotsfan

X-S Messiah

• Dev/Contributor
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,100 posts

Posted 02 August 2010 - 04:35 AM

QUOTE(Vigilant Agent @ Aug 2 2010, 11:03 AM) View Post

One more question though, which small gamesave would be the best to use with a Kernel 5838 Xbox v1.6?

Read GISJason's reply again.

#13 Vigilant Agent

Vigilant Agent

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 15 posts

Posted 02 August 2010 - 04:41 AM

The gamesave he mentioned said something about tsop flash, I thought it couldn't be flashed on a 1.6? Or am I missing something?

Edited by Vigilant Agent, 02 August 2010 - 04:42 AM.

#14 ldotsfan

ldotsfan

X-S Messiah

• Dev/Contributor
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,100 posts

Posted 02 August 2010 - 04:48 AM

Ah, now I get your question biggrin.gif

1. Small gamesave loads EvoX which gives ftp access.
2. Ftp is then used to transfer bigger gamesave to console.
3. Bigger gamesave contains the actual softmod payload.
4. Small gamesave's original intention was to tsop flash but we are not using it for that purpose in this instance smile.gif
5. Why do all this? AR -certain versions corrupts bigger gamesaves. The smaller the save, the less likelihood of an error.

#15 Vigilant Agent

Vigilant Agent

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 15 posts

Posted 02 August 2010 - 04:53 AM

Oh I get it now, I won't be using it in the traditional sense...I'll be using it to gain FTP Access to the Xbox which I can then use to send the Ndure files over, cool.

Thank you so much for the help you have been so helpful, I guess now all that is left is to wait until I get the stuff to perform the softmod. Lets hope all goes well.

I will post my results once I get everything I need.

Edit: Does this gamesave go by a certain name? As I searched the name that was given but I can't seem to find information about it anywhere.

Edited by Vigilant Agent, 02 August 2010 - 05:07 AM.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users