1 reply to this topic

#1 CasanovaFly

CasanovaFly

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 1 posts

Posted 01 August 2010 - 04:33 PM

Hello there.

I'm having some issues converting .mkv files to WMV-HD. I've been using impimpin's tutorial combined with chrislynch's tutorial. The codecs I have installed are DivX (the most recent) as well as AC3Filter. Nothing else. I have the most recent version of TMPGEnc Xpress 4.0 as well.

The process I'd like to take is to just pop the .mkv right into TMPGEnc and let it go, but that doesn't always work. I seem to have isolated that it fails specifically with DTS files. It gets to 50% on the conversion, and then TMPGEnc crashes. Every time, without fail. It used to be that it would do this with whatever, but since configuring AC3Filter properly, it can do AC3 files without crashing. The method to get around it before was that I had to rip the audio out with MKVExtractGUI (I now use GUI 2), and if the audio was DTS I used Popcorn AudioConverter to convert it to an .mkv with AC3 audio and then ripped it out. I'd have to import each separate from the video file for it to work.

Now whenever I imported the audio, I noticed it switched from DirectShow file reader to MPEG file reader. I may a detective, but I'm not in the know about this stuff. I think I've isolated the problem (DirectShow failing to read DTS audio?) but I'm not entirely sure. also run two-pass CBR encoding, if that helps anyone.

Any and all help is greatly, greatly appreciated. This problem has been handing it to me for quite a while now.

#2 asics shoes

asics shoes

X-S Young Member

• XS-BANNED
  • Pip
  • 46 posts
  • Xbox Version:unk
  • 360 version:unknown

Posted 13 September 2010 - 11:29 AM

sleeping.gif

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users