• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 Gnagy

Gnagy

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 13 posts

Posted 02 August 2010 - 01:14 AM

When adding a fan and getting the power from the DVD power 12v Supply what are the issues or problems that may occur? Will it ban my xbox from live? The fan I put ontop of the GPU heatsink heatpipe section thats comes off of it. The fan works fine and the DVD drive has no issues. But i haven't played or hooked it up to live. I have spare DVD power harness in case i would have to put it back together.

#2 brandogg

brandogg

X-S Messiah

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,091 posts
  • Xbox Version:v1.6
  • 360 version:v4.0 (jasper)

Posted 02 August 2010 - 01:29 AM

Possible issues = killing the drive and/or the southbridge, highly recommend to not use that as a power source.

#3 ravendrow

ravendrow

X-S Senior Member

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 285 posts
  • Xbox Version:unk
  • 360 version:v5.0 (360S - trinity)

Posted 05 August 2010 - 08:46 PM

QUOTE(Gnagy @ Aug 1 2010, 05:14 PM) View Post

When adding a fan and getting the power from the DVD power 12v Supply what are the issues or problems that may occur? Will it ban my xbox from live? The fan I put ontop of the GPU heatsink heatpipe section thats comes off of it. The fan works fine and the DVD drive has no issues. But i haven't played or hooked it up to live. I have spare DVD power harness in case i would have to put it back together.

i would look for a 12v power source on the mobo i use the one by the memory card slots to run my fan and leds

#4 johnyblackout

johnyblackout

X-S Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 87 posts
  • Xbox Version:v1.6c
  • 360 version:v4.0 (jasper)

Posted 08 August 2010 - 05:28 PM

If I'm not mistaken there is a source underneath the MOBO right where the power cord plugs in on the back there's at least 4 spots where you can get a 12v source. I have a XENON though...

#5 Gnagy

Gnagy

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 13 posts

Posted 09 August 2010 - 02:25 AM

QUOTE(johnyblackout @ Aug 8 2010, 12:28 PM) View Post

If I'm not mistaken there is a source underneath the MOBO right where the power cord plugs in on the back there's at least 4 spots where you can get a 12v source. I have a XENON though...

There is but i wanted a solder less way. Anyways I thought my xbox was lagging (on mw2 while having 4 bars for connection) cause of overheating GPU turns out it was the old hub i have so i replaced it with a 3com 24 port hub and works great!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users