• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 JRizzle

JRizzle

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 4 posts

Posted 03 August 2010 - 07:15 AM

I have repaired some broken controllers I got out of a lot. One controller works 95%. The only issue is the left joystick. I hadn't noticed anything wrong with it (it works great on the menu's) until I played Splinter Cell Conviction. Basically the joystick works in all directions, but it doesn't work correctly when pushed directly up. The game controls have "run" set to default, you can only "walk" by crouching. The controller runs fine in every direction, even the upper diagonals, but NOT in the direct up position. Any ideas what could be causing this? I really don't want to resolder a new mechanism. I am sloppy at soldering to these tiny chipsets and I think my tip is fubar anyways. Last time I replaced a joystick it took me over an hour just to get one last lead to connect, and I only succeeded by dropping a ton of solder on the joint. The solder just kept balling up on the pin instead of cascading down onto the chipset.

#2 RDC

RDC

X-S Seraphic

• Head Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,785 posts
  • Xbox Version:v1.0
  • 360 version:v1 (xenon)

Posted 03 August 2010 - 10:13 AM

Take the controller apart and sand or Dremel a tiny bit at the opening for the Stick, so the Stick has a hair more room to move around. If that doesn't fix it you'll have to replace the Stick.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users