Photo

Jtag - Runs Nes Emu And Console Reboots!

• Please log in to reply
13 replies to this topic

#1 RedFarmer

RedFarmer

X-S Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 68 posts

Posted 04 August 2010 - 12:01 AM

Hi!

I've done alot of 360 repairs, flashing and stuff like that but is very new to JTAG'ing. I got this JTAGG'ed Jasper console wich i'm trying to get a NES emulator to run on.

I ran hdd_compat_partition_fixer_v1 which creates the XBox1 partition and then copied the Compability folder found in xb1_5829_nov_2007-hacked (Xbox1 Backwards Compatibility v5829) to the Compability folder to my "regular" 20Gb MS HDD (partition HddX).

On my connected USB drive i created a folder called Emulators and put Mednafenx_NES_v15 in it. From Freestyle Dash i then execute default.xbe from that folder. I can then see the classic XBox 1 startup screen for about 3 sec then my console reboots! Same thing from XeXLoader.

What am i doing wrong??

#2 inspuration

inspuration

X-S Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 131 posts

Posted 04 August 2010 - 12:58 AM

QUOTE(RedFarmer @ Aug 4 2010, 12:01 AM) View Post

Hi!

I've done alot of 360 repairs, flashing and stuff like that but is very new to JTAG'ing. I got this JTAGG'ed Jasper console wich i'm trying to get a NES emulator to run on.

I ran hdd_compat_partition_fixer_v1 which creates the XBox1 partition and then copied the Compability folder found in xb1_5829_nov_2007-hacked (Xbox1 Backwards Compatibility v5829) to the Compability folder to my "regular" 20Gb MS HDD (partition HddX).

On my connected USB drive i created a folder called Emulators and put Mednafenx_NES_v15 in it. From Freestyle Dash i then execute default.xbe from that folder. I can then see the classic XBox 1 startup screen for about 3 sec then my console reboots! Same thing from XeXLoader.

What am i doing wrong??

There isnt 100% compatibility with xbox1. You aren't doing anything wrong, its just a compatibility issue.

#3 RedFarmer

RedFarmer

X-S Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 68 posts

Posted 04 August 2010 - 10:56 AM

Hi! Thanks for your input!

I know there isn't 100% compability but others are running mednafenx through the XBox1 emulator. I even tried another emu with the same result sad.gif

#4 RedFarmer

RedFarmer

X-S Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 68 posts

Posted 05 August 2010 - 02:49 AM

Problem solved!

For others with the same problem...

In addition to what I already did (read first post) I also had to transfer the flash installer from the Dash Launch 1.0 package to my console and then run default.xex. This installed a Launch.xex to my NAND wich had better compability with running XBox1 stuff. My GF went crazy and played Super Mario 3 for 2 hours straight smile.gif

I might write a short guide here later on how to get a NES Emulator to run on your console. Could be helpful for a few.

#5 RedFarmer

RedFarmer

X-S Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 68 posts

Posted 05 August 2010 - 11:29 PM

As mentioned, I just wrote this "speed-guide" for people having trouble to run emulators made for XBox1 on a JTAG 360 (or trouble getting any kind of XBox1 stuff to run). As written above, i had made all steps correct but my console rebooted until i installed the Dash Launch patch. There's 3 things you need to download from any of the "usual places".

hdd_compat_partition_fixer_v1
xb1_5829_nov_2007-hacked
dash_launch_v1.0_for_9199

Do the following:

Transfer 'HDD Compatibility Partition Fixer v1' to the 360 and run it. It will create a proper XBox1 compability partition on your "internal" MS harddrive.

Download the hacked version of 'Xbox1 Backwards Compatibility v5829 for Devkits' and unpack it. You will get a Compatibility folder that you need to transfer the newly created partiotion, the Y drive (usually called Hddx or something like that. Overwrite any existing files if there are any.

Now download Dash Launch and unpack it. You will find a folder called 'flash_installer'. Transfer it to your 360 and run default.xex (don't run launch.xex). This will install a new launch.xex to your console with better XBox1 compability. The readme says this about the new launch.xex:

"launch.xex acts as a helper to detect when xbox1 emulator loads, allowing memory unlock patch and xbox1 emulator to function together".

Good luck biggrin.gif

Edited by RedFarmer, 05 August 2010 - 11:29 PM.

#6 keine

keine

X-S Senior Member

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 203 posts

Posted 07 September 2010 - 09:02 AM

Do I need to have applied any special patches in my /bin directory when I created my freeboot .032 image, for these instructions to work?

I didn't, I just used the default contents of the /bin directory. I've also read that freeboot .032 already contains some of the dash launch stuff already.

#7 truskillzz69

truskillzz69

X-S Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 125 posts

Posted 07 September 2010 - 10:06 AM

i just use Snes360BetaV0.32, and just draged the folder to..
Hdd1- emulators-Snes360BetaV0.32-roms-(have over 900) also played some Super mario 3 with my fiance yesterday for about an hour smile.gif

#8 koperownz

koperownz

X-S Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 121 posts

Posted 13 September 2010 - 04:38 PM

QUOTE(RedFarmer @ Aug 5 2010, 11:29 PM) View Post

As mentioned, I just wrote this "speed-guide" for people having trouble to run emulators made for XBox1 on a JTAG 360 (or trouble getting any kind of XBox1 stuff to run). As written above, i had made all steps correct but my console rebooted until i installed the Dash Launch patch. There's 3 things you need to download from any of the "usual places".

hdd_compat_partition_fixer_v1
xb1_5829_nov_2007-hacked
dash_launch_v1.0_for_9199

Do the following:

Transfer 'HDD Compatibility Partition Fixer v1' to the 360 and run it. It will create a proper XBox1 compability partition on your "internal" MS harddrive.

Download the hacked version of 'Xbox1 Backwards Compatibility v5829 for Devkits' and unpack it. You will get a Compatibility folder that you need to transfer the newly created partiotion, the Y drive (usually called Hddx or something like that. Overwrite any existing files if there are any.

Now download Dash Launch and unpack it. You will find a folder called 'flash_installer'. Transfer it to your 360 and run default.xex (don't run launch.xex). This will install a new launch.xex to your console with better XBox1 compability. The readme says this about the new launch.xex:

"launch.xex acts as a helper to detect when xbox1 emulator loads, allowing memory unlock patch and xbox1 emulator to function together".

Good luck biggrin.gif

I followed this and tried to reflash it... and now I'm getting an e79 error. I just shipped it out to get it fixed with my nand I backed up. REDFARMER - if you could please PM me with a detailed tutorial of how you flashed your system with the support for xbox1 titles (nes emulator)... I would greatly appreciate it!

#9 RedFarmer

RedFarmer

X-S Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 68 posts

Posted 16 September 2010 - 10:45 PM

QUOTE(keine @ Sep 7 2010, 10:02 AM) View Post

Do I need to have applied any special patches in my /bin directory when I created my freeboot .032 image, for these instructions to work?

I didn't, I just used the default contents of the /bin directory. I've also read that freeboot .032 already contains some of the dash launch stuff already.

I had a fresh JTAG console with Freeboot 0.32 and did nothing more than what was in my guide.

QUOTE(koperownz @ Sep 13 2010, 05:38 PM) View Post

I followed this and tried to reflash it... and now I'm getting an e79 error. I just shipped it out to get it fixed with my nand I backed up. REDFARMER - if you could please PM me with a detailed tutorial of how you flashed your system with the support for xbox1 titles (nes emulator)... I would greatly appreciate it!

I'm sorry your console got screwed up sad.gif What is important is that you don't need to do any reflashing with dashlaunch at all, just transfer it and run default.xex. No need to follow the complete dashlaunch install instructions, we only need a part of it!

#10 koperownz

koperownz

X-S Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 121 posts

Posted 24 September 2010 - 09:27 PM

I'm too afraid to try this. I had to sell my E79 error jtag and purchase a new jtag. I'd love to play NES games, but lack the confidence that I'll screw something up again. Why can't they just make a native nes emulator?

*sigh* sad.gif

Edited by koperownz, 24 September 2010 - 09:28 PM.

#11 RedFarmer

RedFarmer

X-S Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 68 posts

Posted 30 September 2010 - 01:51 AM

QUOTE(koperownz @ Sep 24 2010, 10:27 PM) View Post

I'm too afraid to try this. I had to sell my E79 error jtag and purchase a new jtag. I'd love to play NES games, but lack the confidence that I'll screw something up again. Why can't they just make a native nes emulator?

*sigh* sad.gif

Running default.xex from Dashlaunch should not corrupt your console. It's sounds like you tried doing more than what was actually needed (no need to touch the NAND) but I understand your concerns. I'd love if someone would come up with a native emu aswell but It's working fine for me now using the steps I posted so i'm good at the moment smile.gif

#12 koperownz

koperownz

X-S Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 121 posts

Posted 30 September 2010 - 10:54 PM

I just tried it and it still resets. Where do you unpack the dash_launch? It says it's having trouble reading GAME\launch.xex ?

#13 koperownz

koperownz

X-S Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 121 posts

Posted 01 October 2010 - 12:14 AM

GOT IT WORKING!! Do exactly as RedFarmer says... i realized i was using Venomous Fire Nov 2007 instead of April 2007 (like you said).

Works like a charm!! Thanks

#14 RedFarmer

RedFarmer

X-S Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 68 posts

Posted 04 October 2010 - 01:12 AM

Cool! Glad i could help at least one of you retrogamers out there smile.gif

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users