1 reply to this topic

#1 manbeast7

manbeast7

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 2 posts

Posted 04 August 2010 - 03:17 AM

Hello All,

I just started having an issue with my modded Xbox and I'm trying to figure out if the problem is with my chip or with my Xbox.

I installed an Xenium Ice chip back in 2005 (I think it was that far back) and I've had no problems with my Xbox until a few days ago.

I haven't booted up my Xbox in about a year and now when turning on my Xbox it makes three attempts to start. During the first two attempts the front light on the Xbox will be green but then it quickly turns off. On the third attempt the front light on the Xbox is green and then it quickly starts flashing green & red until the Xbox is turned off. When the front light is flashing green & red there is nothing displayed on my TV. During all three attempts the modchip's red LED is lit (I think it was blue when it was working but I forget).

When this all started I was hoping that the chip got bumped off its solderless points but I've uninstalled and reinstalled the chip several times without any luck. So, this is why I think the problem is with the chip or the Xbox.

When the chip is removed, the Xbox will boot and the front light will remain green. Also, I'm getting a "System Error" message (which I guess is expected) displayed on my TV.

With all of that said, my question is...

Is the "System Error" message typical to receive once your chip takes a dump? Or would something else occur?

Thank you in advance! biggrin.gif

#2 manbeast7

manbeast7

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 2 posts

Posted 04 August 2010 - 04:17 AM

Figured it out!

I stumbled upon a PDF on my PC that I got from Xodus' site a while back that shows the LEDs that should be lit up when all of the solderless wires are in place...

Well, I was missing one of the LEDs. There should be 5 lit up when the chip is on but not active and I only had 4. After popping it back into place things are all good.

If anyone else has an Xenium Ice and would like the PDF, just PM me.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users