• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 elbotsik

elbotsik

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 5 posts

Posted 05 August 2010 - 10:37 AM

A friend of mine gave me a moded xbox v.1.0 and I wanted to upgrade the disk. At the beginning I thought that the xbox had a flashed TSOP but when I tried to reflash it in order to upgrade the bios to something that would support hard disks bigger than 10Gbs I got an error that the TSOP was readonly. So, I opened up my xbox and removed the motherboard in order to solder the pins but to my disappointment I saw a chip hanging from my mobo (it was not visible from above!). Can someone help me identify this mod? What is it? Unfortunately the letters of the chip are scrapped off. Has anyone seen something like that before? Can I flash it in any way to upgrade the BIOS (preferably without having to solder out the whole chip and then reattach it)?

IPB Image
IPB Image
IPB Image

Thanks in advance!

Edited by elbotsik, 05 August 2010 - 10:41 AM.

#2 elbotsik

elbotsik

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 5 posts

Posted 05 August 2010 - 09:35 PM

Although I have not figured out yet what this chip is, I managed to install a bigger disk (http://forums.xbox-s...1)

#3 xboxmods2977

xboxmods2977

X-S Freak

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,156 posts
  • Xbox Version:v1.0
  • 360 version:none

Posted 06 August 2010 - 01:16 AM

That is a 29-wire homebrew chip from the looks of the picture. The write enable line has been grounded, which is why it won't flash.

EDIT:

In the picture, there is a smaller wire that runs to several legs on the chip. The second pin from the top on the right side of the chip is pin 31. Isolate this pin from the jumper wire, then solder a wire to the pin and run it to the point on the LPC that already has a wire soldered to it (5v) making sure that both the previously soldered wire and your new wire stay attached to the LPC pin. You should then be able to flash it.

Edited by xboxmods2977, 06 August 2010 - 01:32 AM.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users